How to change my style?

IM WANTING TO CHANGE THE WAY I DRESS AND LOOK BUT I don't know WHERR TO START!!
I want to look my age instead of 14!😫 I'm getting braces in the fall and I feel like that would make me look even younger!
But I need my braces, I want some help with make up and finding a new style for me! Is there anyone who can help me?

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends! Is there any style in particular that you find interesting or cool, that you might want to base your new direction off of? The key to fashion, in my opinion, is finding certain things you like about certain styles, and then mixing them together to create something that makes you feel YOU! Do some searches online-- Find pictures of outfits and people that you like or "speak to you", and try to make a list to figure out WHAT exactly you like about them; hairstyles, makeup styles, clothing, accessories, ect!

Some hints for clothes-searching that I always use:
    * Don't be afraid to check out consignment shops, Goodwill, and discount stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls! I practically live by TJ Maxx: the prices are cheap, they have unique clothing that you can't find anywhere else a lot of times, and it's a GREAT place to get big "staple" items that you can mix and match with other things to make a unique look!

* Look through your own closet! Something I've found out over time is that we get so used to wearing certain things certain ways, that we don't realize what's right in front of us! try mixing, matching, and layering your clothes and accessories in ways you woudn't normally... You might find a new combination you really like!

* Don't be afraid to buy something "daring". Maybe you're at the mall and you see a top, pants, or an accessory that really strikes you, though it isn't something you would normally wear. Think about it this way: if you were to walk out of the store right then and there, would the item still be on your mind, or would you regret not getting it? If you really love something, even if it's not your "norm", get it!

Unrelated to clothing: Have you thought about a haircut at all? Around a year ago, I myself went through a huge "makeover", which ended up in me chopping off nearly all of my hair, and I'd never go back! I also look younger than I am (I'm nearly 24, but people always think I'm around 16), and the haircut helped me to look more my age and "matured" me a bit!
    I'm not telling you to get a pixie cut or anything (though I bet one would look amazing!), haha, but as a general rule, I find that shorter hair helps to make people look a little older, if that's what you're going for! if you're not into the short look, a nice trim or hairstyle change is a great way to refresh" yourself!

What Guys Said 3

• I googled and got the fashion trends of 2015
    https://ie.prettylittlething.com/clothing.html

• I am definitely no fashion expert but I have switched up styles before. What kind of clothes do you like? Who do you admire? Can you slowly imitate them? Right now I am getting advice from my sister and try to imitate my coworker Andrew's look.

• Go see a stylist.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm guessing you are in your mid teens. why so hard on yourself? Start by dressing your age. Maybe a tiny bit of makeup.
    Good god don't worry so much. Before you know it you will.

• I'm in my late teens, and I wear mainly jeans and a hoodie but a lot if people think I'm 14

• Well get more girly

• I have, I always do my hair super cute, when I dress like that too,

• best idea is to go on pinterest and look up whats trendy in fashion