Does it matter what girls wear?

Girls and guys can both answer.. Just out of curiosity, but are guys more bound to like a girl that wears Hollister, Abercrombie, etc. or are you more attracted to the girl that wears whatever she wants?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls that wear brand names (like the ones you listed ) actual intimidate me and make me think that a girl like is picky or ahs high standards. Of course not always the case, but I would assume that until I talked to her and found out otherwise. Usually girls that look like they are comfortable and casual appeal to me (like just simple clothes, t-shirt, jeans, jacket, etc.) I went out with a kind of scene kid/emo girl and I thought she was pretty cool, we didn't have a relationship but were friends.I knew he before from skool tho. But sometimes those girls can be intimidating too, because I think that theyll only date punk/scene guys or theylle just have some weird criteria for a potential bf. ughh...I kno I jump to conclusions but I can't help it. Bottom Line for me: your personal appearance looses 90% of its significance when you open your mouth, your personality is your biggest ticket. Also, just seeing a girls facial expressiosn can have an impact, if you have a nice carefree smile or are laughing with friends etc. it's really appealing. dress however you want to,but amke sure its an outward expression of who you are.

What Guys Said 24

• definately whatever she wants.

i hate all that wannabe surfer california crap. you aren't from california, stop pretending to be.

i think a girl is super lame if she wears stuff like that. guys who wear it are even worse. only preppy douchebags wear that stuff and every other guy thinks it is super lame. I wouldn't even be friends with a guy or girl who wore stuff like that. lamest thing you can possibly do.

• I don't give a damn if she's wearin stuff from the Salvation Army. Its gotta look good and hug the curves of her body. I need to see her work the clothes, not the clothes workin her. She could be wearin Abercrombie jeans that cost $125 but if her ass looks bad in them who f***in cares what brand it is.

She need not wear a Victoria Secret bra. If its Playtex and makes her t*ts look fantastic and gets me horny, then she's got me.

i don't care about name brand...I care about how she's workin what her Momma gave her.

• I'm MUCH less attracted to women who shop at stores that charge outrageous prices for name brand stuff you could get other places for much less. It screams vanity, stupidity, and to some extent a lack of individuality to me, because usually the reason people shop there is because everyone else does, so they must too! You can dress nice without dressing unnecessarily expensive. I have nice suits and such but I shop sales, clearance and such. And I shop at goodwill when I can find things there that fit. I got a very nice suit jacket there for 12 whole whopping dollars, and you can't tell a bit of difference.

• guys don't really pay attention to those brand names TBH. to me its all about looking casual and comfortable in what you're wearing, and above all, don't go out looking like it took you 2 hours to get ready. that's a turnoff.

• I've honestly never noticed if a girl is wearing designer clothes or not. If she looks good then all is well. I honestly think most guys couldn't name most of the brands that girls assume we're looking for. Only other girls notice that stuff. So it sort of matters I guess, but just not to guys.

As far as what to wear, you don't necessarily need to show much skin, but just choose clothes that allow me to notice that you're female. Even baggy or tomboy stuff looks good, if it's femininely baggy or tomboy-ey (whatever that is lol...but you get the idea).

Half of looking good is _feeling_ like you look good, so just having a quiet, non-arrogant confidence like, "Hey I honestly do look pretty good today. Cool!" is the most attractive thing you could do.

• It does not really matter what a girl wears. For me it is more that you can see that she put forth an effort to make herself look nice, and that she is not wearing what she would wear casually around the house.

• i don't really care about the brand or whatever..as long as she looks pretty :]

• I think it depends on the guy really. Some guys might want a girl with a bunch of piercings, tats, black punk/rocker or gothy clothing, but some might want a cute girl who wears hollister and bright clothing and goes tanning etc. I like the way girls look in hollister and all those brands though, but that's just me. At the same time though I love it when a girl wears some baggy sweats and a t-shirt and lets her hair go all a mess.

• It matters if a girl is dressed well and looks nice. The brand of her clothes is very unimportant. In fact, some of those brands produce very average looking clothing that just happens to be overpriced. A girl concerned about the label on clothes is a turn off because it means she is a superficial.

• Wear what you feel comfortable and confident in. How you carry yourself is going to count more over all than the name on the label.

Good Luck,

James

• Yes chibi being my girlfriend I should know lol. It doesn't really matter brand or not just a few key things

Be yourself

Be Comfortable

Like what you wear

• It doesn't matter. Don't care what brand it is. I like a girl who don't mind about getting dirty, walk in the rain! Don't get me wrong it don't hurt her to have some classy or something really fancy to wear once in a while. What really gets me is the shoes! You may no some girls have so much sheos it's more then my number of socks! Lol

• its not really what she wears

its how she wears it

• Definately, 100% wear whatever you want... There's this girl at my school who just totally goes crazy with fashion...stuff that is just considered odd, but it's attractive for some reason...

And this is gonna sound really dorky, but seriously, if you smile, you can pull anything off, no matter what style it is. Seriously, any guy LOVES a girl's smile. Just cause it's what you're mother told you since you were 8 doesn't mean it's not true. :)

• Style is more important than brand. As long as she looks good imo. =D

• As long as the girl looks nice and doesn't look like a slob, I really couldn't care less.

• I don't care about the brand of clothing on a girl. EVER. But when it comes to her style, whatever fits her persona and bodytype really. Not so sure about mini-skirts though, since my brain shortcircuits when I see one. :p

• If you truly care about someone it shouldn't matter what they wear. It is best if a girl wears whatever she wants. Try to look nice. I would say that nice clothing is important. But it shouldn't really matter.

• of course it doesn't matter what you wear. as long as you don't look like a slob, then I could absolutely care less of what you wear

• 1-love what ur wearing

2-be confident

3-show some meat

• i like girls to wear shiny leggings and high heels that's a total turn on for me and most of my friends

• As long as you are tidy, no.

• I say that brand doesn't matter, just wear what's most comfortable to you.

• we don't care at all

can you please help me out? link

What Girls Said 12

• Well, all I know is that I am dating one of the popular guys at my school who I have know for over 8years, and I'm not exactly part of that group.. even though populars try talk to me.

All of them wear hollister etc but also other stuff too.. but all his popular blonde popular friends that are girls, always tell him they love my style and the way I dress.. I mean I thought I wore a little bit of everything, mixed and matched name brand with winners kinda thing :)

So I kinda wear both and everybody likes it :)

Just wear what YOU want to wear :) Because boys shouldn't care what you wear, just who you are, the way you act, and confidence :) Guys love confidence :) So if you can strut your stuff in baggy joggers and a simple t-shirt confidently, they'll notice you ;)

Goodluck and hope I helped! :)

• I don't wear any of those brands. I like to wear stuff that suits me. I dress up a lot. I love black dresses or anything elegant and sophistocated. I love heals. everyone is different and got their own style. I guess mine is preppy/ elegant. and I love Asian fashion like Japanese style clothes. aka gothic lolitta style.

but the thing is, guys go for a girl for her personality mostly=not what she wears unless he's just shallow. I think guys are similar to girls in that respect, some of them can think and some, just go for the girl who looks pretty. depends on a lot of things but that's the idea.

• Well, clothes do happen to make lasting impressions.

I tend to wear clothes that are neat and comfy for me...not too tight that it conforms me and not too loose that it ends up looking "lazy". So I get majority of my stuff from good ole Macy's by default.

So anyway, a guy (who I have been secretly crushing on for a year) stopped me one day and asked me for my number. We met up, hung out, and dated soon after. After him expressing his admiration for me, we made it official. Getting to know him better, I asked him what was one of the first things he fell for. Do you know what he said?

He said...my style.

Yeah, he said that he initially noticed that I seem confident in what I wear. I look good and comfortable in my clothes and that's what was important. I wear the style that I idealize, additionally the style that compliments my pear shaped figure. I like what I wear and therefore it compliments the way I naturally act. It wasn't just my crush (now my current bf) who noticed this but a few other guys I've gone out with as well.

(And btw this is such a good question. It really has been an important thing for girls to know.)

• I think that you should dress at least plain for a guy, just yesterday I saw a girl wearing clothes that made her look like a guy-and I don't think guys like that. I would personally dress to play up my figure and show off the goods and I think guys like that the best. I don't thin any REAL guy (and when I say real I mean a nice, decent guy) would go for a girl who is dressed up in expensive clothes because it says that she is high-maintenince and guys don't want a spoiled girl.

• Half the time I don't wear clothes to impress guys.There's the whole impressing everyone else thing/wanting to look better than other girls etc lol.

• To girls it matters what other girls wear, but you'll find more guys that don't care if the girl takes 2hours or 10 minutes (after showering) to get ready... as long as the outfit doesn't reek, isn't torn (in a bad, bad way) stained or falling apart.

• my boyfriend does not cared what I wear if it is hollister or name brand. I wear watever I want to wear. he think that I am cutie all the time.

• well, I think whatever you wear will look good on you becouse you are wearing it.

who loves you will think that way

• as long as its not too slutty or reviling where you are embarresed because she's showing too much skin

• It doesn't matter what girls wear.

• I wear everything. Guys have never said anything about my clothes before other than they liked them. I don't think it matters. I guess if someone did notice, say a girl wearing expensive clothes, they might think she's rich or something, but nothing good would come from that.

• they don't look at the colors and stuff...but sure they care about a girl's style...they care if it's slutty or not...cute or ugly..if it makes her look fat or not!...they have d***s and sure they care!