GAG'ers, how would you describe your life style?

The inspiration for this question was a news message yesterday.
A Chinese lady explained she had started to invest her money via the local stock exchange, in order to be able to "finance her life style".

Thought this would be a nice subject for a question: what's your own life style?

Mine is rather modest, I don't like to make big statements or do do impressive spendings. I'm rather someone who likes basic comfort and nice people around me. I'd rather miss luxury than miss my friends :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually invest money on real estate or small local business. I'm not a big spender and I've tried to save money a lot lol

• Sounds like wise investments Mei... so you own rental properties than? Here in Europe that's a popular investment as well, especially since with the low inflations of the crisis interest rates are low.
      Putting money in the bank yields nothing so... real estate is one of the alternatives. The stock market is another.

• Your wise investment sounded like a "very most helpful answer" Mei :D

What Girls Said 11

• It's fairly menial. I sit on my ass nowadays since I finished college, and write online whilst listening to weird music. I work out and try to enjoy the weather if I feel like it. I keep having cuddles with the neighbourhood cat who we've technically adopted.
    I don't spend much money at all really. I like to save my money. I don't go out with friends much, they're always too busy or don't have enough money. I might go clubbing this weekend, I don't know. I have work this weekend too. Next week I have physiotherapy and an ophthalmology appointment.

My lifestyle is really mundane and repetitive but it's because I've given myself two weeks off as a reward for finishing college. I need some time to relax before going out and looking for a job in my career. :)

• Congratulation on having obtained your degree Hannah, be proud of it :D
      Have a nice, relaxing holiday and speak to you soon!

• My lifestyle is pretty sedentary as well. I don't buy expensive clothes, or go to the concert or movie theatre and I only visit restaurants about once or twice a month.

• Nice and modest :D
      Comes pretty close to me... well my hobby is not cheap but I don't "spend and spend", I stay within budget there as well.

• Modest. I'm cheap as hen shit haha.
    I like quiet nights in with a book more than nights out, but I do enjoy those once in a while as well.

• That comes close to me, we'd understand each other :D

• :D
      I do save money, just for in the future when I'll need it more. I usually never pay more than $30 CAN for a pair of pants or $20 for shirt, $10 if it's a t-shirt. And that's the maximum. I never buy anything that isn't on sale either.
      I don't see the need to pay $600 for a cell phone when I can buy a $100 one for almost all the same features.
      I don't buy anything new until the old one is broke.
      And I think paying someone to paint your nails for you is ridiculous. If you can afford it and have no worries about money, all the power to you. But don't complain to me about having no money and then go out to pay $200/month at a salon for getting your nails and hair done. Prioritize people!

• Haha I couldn't agree more with you :-)

• my life is... quiet

• In terms of having (fun with) friends? Are you a shy person who likes to be alone?

• shy? not really... in fact my friends are busy with their job.. but we still contact often

• I see, sounds nice :D

• ummmm... I have a working mother lifestyle would be the most fitting, I live within budget.

• Unique XD lol

• Haha in what sense? Special outfits (colourful or so), very spontaneous,?

• hahaha u r welcome :D
      it's not bad though... it means someone would never get bored spendin his/her time wid u :)

• @Klaatu51 hahaha yeah! I know it's not a bad thing. I know it's weird but I love when people tell me I'm crazy, (I know you didn't say that) I don't know why but it makes me feel great 8)

Crazy people change this world :D and they make it funny too :D

• my lifestyle is... relatively luxurious but i don't get to choose where the money goes

• Haha I see Coco... does that mean your guy spends the money... on you?
      Would you describe yourself as "an expensive lady" (on make up, clothes, vacations, comfort,...)?

• my lifestyle is wanting...

• You mean wanting material things? Or needing a lot of attention?

• absolutely! my old job was giving me so much stress - like i was in a square peg in a round hole. figuring how to get out is the hardest part. but i have a plan in mind now.

• That's nice! Wish you success with it :-)

• Workaholic probably.

• What's your profession?

• i work in IT support but I only do it so I can have money for riding lessons and I'm planning on starting my own equestrian business

• That's a nice ambition! You may indeed need quite a starting capital, if you want to buy or build both the building (s) and the fields required, plus some horses.
      But it's a nice goal, thumbs up you can realize your dream :D

• I'm very frugal.

• That's not a bad idea I guess, stay nicely within budget :D

• "Live Fast, Die Young" pretty much sums up my life style.

• Haha, so a party girl that enjoys every day... I mean night 8)

What Guys Said 8

• imagine a person who sits on his computer daily, does some chores within his day and listens to loud music 24/7. basically i'd say maybe a "poor" life yet when i listen to music's club level volume-wise. i find music wid low-volume boring... still my hearin works fine though...

so wot word fits my lifestyle better?

• If you feel happy, no problem of course :D
      Loud music is not my thing at all, I'm not a big music fan at all. And if it's too loud I'll switch it off 8)

• loss? when i'm sittin on my computer i do it often... and i can do other things meanwhile... always when i post in GAG i listen to music LOL

• Haha our lifestyles are a little different but nevertheless, it's the difference between people that makes the world rich in terms of cultures and lifestyles :D

• Lol fucking hilarious the Chinese stock exchange is plummeting and the US could be on the verge of collapse. Sounds like she doesn't know how to work it. My life style is fairly reserved, I workout see the same people go to the same school eat most of the same food. However I am going to hopefully once getting out of college join the military. Use different skills I have acquired along the way and shoot for SF.

• Work all day just so i can make enough money to keep myself alive so i can continue working all day...

Pretty useless existance :/.

• Haha when you'll be 20 the sentence will change to "working all day AND NIGHT" 8)
      What is the work you're referring to, school work?

• Work work :/.
      Carpentry -_-

• Well a good carpenter will easily earn a good living!
      It may not be easy right now but it opens the doos to a successful life for sure :D

• I live a simple lifestyle

• Me too, talking big or spending big is not my thing :D

• Very relaxed :) (after being hectic for decades.)

• Mine is pretty amazing. There isn't much I would change about it.

• Sounds good... amazing in what sense? Good job, good hobbies etc?

• Yeah like I have a very blessed lifestyle. Well I getting the opportunity to follow my passions and get a chance to accomplish my life long goals. I realize how special that is and I don't take that for-granted at all. Of course the hobbies like going to the beach whenever, playing golf, spending good quality time with my friends and have time to volunteer.

• Keep it like that mate :-)

• I do stuff.

• Boring lol

• Haha and no ideas to change it? Find a good occupation that keeps you busy :-)