What are men looking for in a woman - especially in the body department? Is there anything wrong with curves?

This is just a general query. I am looking for honest answers, because I myself and a curvy girl and proud of it but it can sometimes be a little hard when even your boyfriends seems to be attracted to really thin girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with curves. Love curves and as an artist, I love drawing female models who have the beautiful curves rather than straight line (reads boring). The flow of the curves of a female body is what makes female body so much more fascinating and interesting as a drawing subject compared to a bloke. Can't imagine drawing a stick thin figure, better off drawing a male model.

• Thanks for the best answer. Just to add, from the last pic in your profile, you look confident with your curves and knew how to make them work for you with your pose, so have faith in them.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd think it's because most publicity models lack curves (the adolescent body with the adult face) that guys are perfectly happy with curvy women but guys who want to show off to other guys will prefer being seen with model-like girls.

That wasn't he same when the pictures of Marilyn Monroe link , Bette Davis link Mae West link , Gina Lollobrigida link and Sofia Loren link were all over the place.

The image of 'the ideal woman' changes every decade or so : this woman was considered excellent in her time : link

These women too: link (one of them actually was the painter's wife -Helena Fourment, wife of P-P.Rubens)

• Not attracted to "really thin girls" at all.

Curves > lines.

Thin girls need to eat a sammich.

• There is no general body type all men unanimously agree on. Some like athletic women with visible muscle development, some like soft round curves, some like the thin/slender build that is relatively devoid of curves.

• For first impression, I am a Southamerican guy, we are definietly more into curves so yes a girl that I see for the first time and has good curves is definietly an attention drawer!

But in the end the personality actually is the one that can make the most hot girl look hidious, and a really not to pretty girl seem like the most beautiful woman, that is no lie.

So there's my honest answer!

• love curves

• I will say what I want in a woman, nothing have to deal with her looks at allllll the things will make me attracted to a girl is her personality and been smart is a big deal too.

• I have answered this question before that was asked from some one else but I will try to add a body element. I am again going strait to the point at the start I don't ask for good looks or money because well If I loved you I would think you are all I could ever want any way but I do ask for is honesty, sweetness and somewhat dependable. But if I were to add a body element all I would really want is maybe long hair and a somewhat flat stomach or at least not bulging not to be rude at all but yeah. That was my not so short but still honest answer answer hope it helped.

• I'd say as long as a woman look reasonably healthy she can be attractive. I just shy away from the 3 extremes; So skinny she looks like an anorectic teenage boy, she looks like she-hulk or if she takes up way more then one seat on the bus...

Tall, short, thin or curved. It makes not much of a difference. It's mainly about how she project herself into the world. :)

"Archetypes" I dislike:

-Tall diva

-Short and childish

-Thin and OMG I'm sooo fat

-Curved and overly bossy

For every guy that's like me on this there's probably five that like these types. :p

What Girls Said 1

• Curves for me came naturally and I'll be damned if I try to get rid of being a woman - ;)