What is with kids today? This generation are the most clueless and vain bunch of kids I've ever seen. What's gonna happen to them?

What is with kids today? I have a 13 year old nice who does nothing but follow youtube trends and her brother is obsessed about his looks but is a dunderhead. Since when did kids that young obsess about what they specifically want in boys. When they get older what do you think is gonna be the result of the way things are going? They are under the biggest illusion of youth and freedom when compared to any generation. I almost feel sorry for them and yet angry at how naive they are.

"niece" instead of nice.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that I was lucky to have been born in the mid 1980's and able to grow in the 90's and just miss the things that kids do now. I think that all this social media crap is bringing kids down. I was lucky that the only thing I had was MSN messenger, so you talk to your friends online and that was it.

now there is facebook and twitter, and every kid has a cell phone and the internet. they can get into any social media they want, or find adult content, when they are too young for it. their phones are filled with apps and games and stupid things. Girls may have obsessed with what they want in boys from a fairly young age, I mean most of their toys as children are dolls, plastic kitchen sets, fake food to serve, easy bake ovens. so I think that girls always have some kind of perception of what they want growing up.

What Girls Said 5

• I was walking past this kids' soccer camp and they were playing the radio (?) and there was a song on about clubs and I was like... really?

• What's sad is I agree with you. My generation is so shallow and clueless and immature. I know it's dumb to say people so young are immature but they should at least act like they have a 13 year old's level of sense rather than a 7 year old's.

• My bro is almost there but my parents are starting to focus on him more. So hopefully, he won't become like those kids.

There is a quote that goes something like, "parents blames the young generation as if they had nothing to do with it."

• You're so right their parents aren't the smartest

• I see nothing wrong with following pop culture and being up to date on world happenings, and 30 years ago every little girl was obsessed with her looks and only concerned about being a stay at home wife.

• Yeah and that was stupid back then as it is now, which is why the eighties was a shock when women started become more independant and cool. Pop culture is unecessary, it's a phase that last till they are older but the fact that it brainwashes them into thinking it's necessary and part of life when it does nothing but make them sour on the inside. Especially nowadays because before it was just about boy bands and such but if you ever watch youtube it's like childrens television in the way it's presented. There are kids teaching kids about virtue and brainwashing them. My 13 year old niece listens to twerk music because her friends do.

• More like philosophy people don't say it for kicks. Even school boards have statustics that prove kids these days are flunking morecthan any generation even when education standards have dropped. The evidence is right there. Kids imitate vids on the net of violent or humiliating pranks, bullying by uploading on youtube, sex culture being sold to them like it's candy and with the internet they can access anything

• A lot of good also comes from the Internet. The Internet is the only place that will tell people not to be ashamed of their bodies, not to billy, how to feel beautiful in your own skin, and if we're talking about YouTube then it's all from normal everyday people. People learn new things from YouTube like crafts and diy stuff, the Internet lets you get creative. There good and bad in every generation. When the TV was invented people thought it was the end of the world

• i hope they mature sometime.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah I notice a big change in the 1990s and it has been getting more and more pronounced ever since I think.

• Yep, I think this new depression we live in forces them to think all they have is their looks and arts to work with.

• Every former generation thinks of the new generation this way. Some day the kids of this generation will be the former generation, and theyll be complaining about the new generation.

• Yep but this generation is the dumbest and not as daring. It really is going backwards in time. I do like how they've progressed with bullying and stuff, but for example just check out this new trend called don't judge me' it just shows how hypocritical and clueless some of them are

• Haha we al;l were like that to some extent at their age cut them some slack teens and adults are just a pressured into these thing by the media