How do I get rid of the yellow in my nails from nail polish?

What are some home remedies anyone might teach me? There are sooo many methods online, and half of them do not work!

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, ur having the same problem i am. I took my nail polish off, and i noticed my nails were yellow. I was like omfg. Anyway, yellow nails come from not letting your nail beds air out from nail polish. If ur like me, u kept reapplying and covering over the old polish. I don't know of any remedies, I'm just letting mine air out for a while.

What Guys Said 2

• 0|0
  • How to fix your yellow nail problem :
    Lemon juice: Soaking your nails in lemon juice will get rid of those yellow stains. ...
    Peroxide and baking soda: Mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with 2-1/2 tablespoons of baking soda in a small bowl.

What Girls Said 6

• Take a nail buffer, and very gently buff a very thin layer of your nail. The pigments of nailpolish get trapped in your nail surfacr and cause discoloration. To prevent this, either opt for a base coat or resort to light colored nailpolishs such an white and pale colors.

• you just have to wait unfortunately!!! its awful stuff i know!!

• :( I took it off about a week ago, how long do I have to wait?

• ouh.. I'll give it a try. Hope it does not make it worse!

• the yellow is not from the oxygen like the other person said, its because the yellow dye in the colours is the strongest although some reds are still made with cochineal dye so therefore the red will come through :) cheaper the polish the better for this usually :)

• You just have to wait unfortunately :(

• If you do a clear coat before applying dark polishes you can often prevent it. I usually just have to wait for it to go away though

• Brush nails with toothpaste. And you can try baking soda with vinegar. Be careful not to keep solutions on for long as it can burn. You can also try to put tooth whitening stuff on but be careful.

• Valla karbonat filan sür ne biliyim