Should I get my hair cut short or not?

I've always kept my hair in longer styles, but for a long time I've been wanting to try cutting it shorter, more like a stereotypical guy's cut. I wouldn't have to spend forever brushing it, my neck wouldn't get so hot because of my hair covering it (I know I can put it up, but it's not the same), and I just generally really love short cuts. But at the same time, people have already commented on how long my nose is, and if I get a short cut it'll probably make it even more obvious. I really want to try it short, but I don't want to get it if it's just going to make me look worse. Thoughts?

• Yes, cut your hair short.
  • No, keep it long.
  • Depends (please specify)
  • See Results

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had a pixie since your age haha, there is a sort cut for every face shape hun, you just need to figure out which.
    www.sheknows.com/.../the-right-pixie-cut-for-your-face-shape
    alternatively try a Bob, it might make you feel better about your more prominent features. Also take into account your hairs quality (straightness, thickness etc)
    Once you find the right sort cut for you it's hard to leave it. I haven't changed my hair length in years!

What Guys Said 5

• I don't like short hair on girls but if you do then you should get it cut. Your opinion is the only one that actually matters

• I would go for it - It is what you want - You are the most important person to please here.

• You shouldn't cut it too short.

• It grows back if you wind up not liking it.

• Unless you want to be a guy, don't do it. Most guys hate short hair on girls

• She wouldn't be doing it for the attention of a guy, it would be for her.

• good to hear! Glad you went through with it and are happy with the results!

• It's such a weird feeling. No hair on my neck, practically nothing to wash. My shower was so fast! My thoughts honestly keep switching between "This is awesome!" and "What the hell did I do?" It'll definitely take some getting used to, but I'm glad I did it.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't know how you view hair, but for myself personally I don't think I would chop off my hair, it's definitely something that I feel like is me, however you want to feel good in your own skin too, so if you feel like you'd be happier with shorter hair (not because it'll make things 'easier') then do it! Hair doesn't grow as fast as we want, so really think about making drastic changes.

• I say go for it! It will be something new, you can donate your hair to Locks of Love, and you'll have all the benefits you already listed. You can always grow it back after all :)

I cut my hair short after having it at my waist for years and I *LOVE* it.

• You never really know until you try it out. I had to cut my hair very very short for my job, I thought I would cry when it was cut but it actually looked really good on me. Might be the same thing for you. Don't do it for anyone but yourself.

• I loooveee long hair so I wouldn't cut it.
    I once shaved my head for a cause. So I can say that the style I prefer most is long :P

• I have a pixie cut, I'd say go for it! Just pick a cut that suits your face shape. :)

• I'm planning on cutting my hair shoulder length you should try that.

• I'd suggest you to keep it long, but do whatever you want.

• Totally go for it, I was like you had really long hair for years, then i got it cut super short, Like a boys hairstyle and I love it. And so easy to maintain!

• Hey. I know the feeling. I had long hair. Almost below my belt. I have a longish nose. I chopped my hair off. Guys cut. Don't. Not with blonde hair anyways. Cut it slightly above the shoulders. I wouldn't go straight cut either. That means don't do that old fashioned perfectly leveled cut. I dyed my hair black. It's way cute. My hair has grown out. It's about shoulder length. I really like it. My nose looks fine and my face looks thinner.

• You'll never know till you try. I used to have long hair and my mom wouldn't let me cut. Ever. So when I was old enough, I tried a chin length haircut. I liked it but when it grew a bit and reached above my shoulder it looked way better on me. So my hair has always been shoulder length now. I have a small heart shaped face and thick hair, so when my hair was too long it kinda hid my features and I looked like cousin it.

• I have a heart shape face too, nothing looked good except shoulder length and pixie.

• I know! I've never tried pixie and don't really want to try it because I like playing with my hair when I'm nervous or bored. I really think short is better for smaller faces and heart shaped faces because it makes your prominent features stand out more instead of hiding it. But if you have an oblong or big face then longer hair is more suitable. It really depends on the face shape.

• You should post a pic of you

• I know a picture would be helpful for the question, but I prefer not to post pictures of myself online for various reasons.

• How can people help you if you dont post it then? And why do you ask question like this if you dont want to post your pic?

• Because it was basically more of a question of whether they think I should choose what I like over what might look better. A picture would help, but I don't think it's mandatory for this. If I was asking for what specific hair style would look good, yes, not posting a pic would be ridiculous. But I'm pretty much just asking if I should stick to the safer option or do what I've been wanting to try and say screw it to what other people think of it and how it may make me look.