Do you ever get complimented on your appearance?

I get at least a handful of compliments on my facial hair (usually my moustache) every month by strangers ever since I grew it out over a year ago.

Last time I recieved one was a couple days ago from a cashier girl ringing my groceries through and then on Canada Day by some of the people I was hanging out with at the lake.

I'm just curious - do you ever get complimented and how often?

• Yes, I usually get complimented on my...
  • No, even though it would be nice to be shown appreciation. I'd like people to notice my...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. Not often. But enough.

My manager yesterday told me to look at her so I did and she asked "are you wearing makeup?" To which I replied "uh... no..." And she was like "oh, well I was gonna say you look really nice!"

And then my coworker was like "you can... still say... she looks nice.."

And then my manager was like "you always look nice!" 😜

Also my sister said my hair looked nice yesterday. It was a day full of compliments apparently.

• Weird that she felt awkward giving you a compliment... whatever.

I'm determined to make it so my head hair gets compliments too, then I will turn my focus away from my face and focus on getting my body in better shape.

Most Helpful Guy

• No pretty much never, I get complimented more by peoples actions than words. Getting hit on is better than being told that I'm good looking.

• If I got hit on for every-time I got complimented I'd probably be less single by now... wait, maybe the girls are hitting on me and I'm not utilizing the opportunity?

How could I have been so blind. fml.

• LOL can you lend me a paddle for this creek?

• Nah I got out of the creek a while ago. I'm out exploring some mountains and wilderness trails and shit and I ain't got no time for backtracking.

What Girls Said 19

• I got a really interesting comment once... ;')))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Ah... you know... she looks better in her photos, but not so much in person."

This while the guy is looking at me (who was cute) and telling this to our mutual friend. And the mutual friend looks at me with aghast eyes. LMAO. I was thoroughly amused!
    It's most fun when people blurt out things while not realising they can be pretty 'rude' or hurtful. I like this honesty on the other hand and am never hurt. It's annoying when people give fake or half-assed compliments. Saves all the trouble.

• So is that a backhanded compliment?

I've blurted out some comments like that to people before and realized how insulting I was after I seen their facial expressions - then I'm usually like "shit" time to go into damage control.

• ;'))))))))))

that's the funny thing. the mutual friend had that - OH NOES, how could he say that to her face! - sorta expression, but that guy was like totally oblivious.

• Yes my eyes, hair, skin complexion.

I honestly think compliments are a gateway for a conversation to start. I just usually smile and keep to myself. I feel weird around those moments. Especially if it's from some random off the street.

• I usually receive compliments when I least expect it so I'm always a little off guard, I say don't get offended by it because there is nothing more insulting than someone taking gratitude the wrong way. To this day I'm still pissed off by certain instances were I complimented someone and they acted like an asshole back, it makes me wish I never said anything nice to them because they didn't deserve it.

• I understand that. I just smile and don't say anything because maybe that might make them think I'm just shy. I'm not, I just find it awkward.

• Sometimes I get complimented on my legs, eyes or nose (weird, I know). But I prefer compliments like "You're so kind!", they mean so much more to me.

• Getting complimented on my personality feels the same as telling a fat guy he has good listening skills... Especially since I use to get made fun for having unkempt hair and bad acne by both boys/girls in high-school.

So anything that helps further erase the feeling I had imbedded in my head that I'm ugly the better. Even though I reached a point of security with myself, feeling somewhat attractive helps if I'm pursuing someone otherwise you have no confidence and are going to fail because of a lack of belief in oneself.

• On my looks - hair, face, clothing - because people can't compliment you in the right way if they don't know you.

• Umm nope, I'm the one usually giving out compliments.
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...3jKebh1rbc9h1o1_400.gif

• @asker my style is boho and retro.
      thehunt.insnw.net/.../...317771755f4a773096e80.jpg

farm8.staticflickr.com/.../...025_0618358eae_b.jpg

People are friendly, my younger sister (20 y/o) is very beautiful and gets loads of compilments.

• PM a pic so I can see if it matches your personality and if you can pull it off.

• Clothing. And my hair. I dress really classy (Dresses, skirts, blazers, and blouses, etc.) And a lot of the time people just want to touch my hair because they say it looks really soft and silky.

• Usually on my eyes, lips, or hair. I don't know it happens often I don't really like physical compliments though.

• I don't really get complimented by strangers a lot, it's usually my friends who compliment me but I guess it might be the culture I'm in where people generally just mind their own business and wouldn't really talk to strangers..

• I don't think there's anymore of a friendly culture/vibe were I'm from than where you are, I just think that I'm doing a certain style (handle bar mustache) very well and more above average than most who try to do the same.

• ohhh i know you aren't. But i am :)

• that's good enough then :) @watermelonoma

• It's very rare people compliment me. I'm not attractive at all. The closest I get is that I look very young for my age. Most people think I am in my early 20s. I still get ID'd. Other than that, people don't say anything about my appearance.

• My boyfriend tells me when he thinks I look nice, or says things like I'm cute, adorable, pretty, beautiful etc other than that it's someone complementing my smile, eyes or dimple.

• Aw most of the guys never get complimented lol. That's depressing.
    Um. I get compliments sometimes. On a variety of things. Hair sometimes. Body sometimes. Clothes sometimes.

• I usually get complemented on my eyes or hair. People usually notice my hair first though, since it's so long and thick.

• On the internet... all the time. In real life sometimes, mostly by female friends and strangers.

• Yeah I normally get complimented about my hair and my smile ahah -.-

• Yeh sometimes. Usually at work but mainly from older women

• No I never do. It's because I'm the most ugliest girl on earth.

• Yeah I usually get complimented on my skin and my clothes. #OnFleek

• I usually get complimented on my eyes, hair and personality. I had strangers come in groups just to look at my eyes. I get compliments on being nice and helpful to people. Those are always nice

• Yeah every single time I bother to actually get dressed properly. You know... not walk out of the house with a ponytail and joggers lol which is extremely rare for me.

I'm a bum, but my superhero power is that I can make myself hot in like 2 hours. I go from like a 4 to a 9 haha.

People usually compliment my hair, or eyes, or smile all the time though and get told I look "exotic" and asked if I'm Egyptian or mixed with Korean or Puerto Rican or Somoan or anything really but nope I'm just a regular black girl.
    I just have light eyes and am naturally red headed (but I dye my hair black because I dislike the attention) so a lot of people just assume I'm not American and I get a lot of ooos and ahhs when people see me because I guess it's rare to see darker skinned people with light features.

• I have an odd look to... I had a friend (well more of an acquaintance) that was 1st nations and had natural red curly hair, he had a pretty distinct and cool look.

Okay I need to see a pic of you're hair, it sounds interesting... lol I PM you a pic of my mustache/long hair if you PM what you're hair looks like - it sounds cool.

What Guys Said 14

• I have caught women out checking me out so I voted A as I take that as a compliment and had girls flirt with me to. Once girl at university I was sitting next to started rubbing her foot up and down my leg.

• lol footsie, how scandalous.

• Lol yes and I flirted with these girls yesterday to. I also flirted with a girl at university and bam strait away she was turned on and I was thinking wow that happened fast.

• i was called sexy man the other day😊 about goddamn fucking time. Better than "eeeew" or "dexter" when I was in school.

• I don't get complimented that often to be honest.

• It's not often but when I do get complimented on my looks, it isn't on anything specific. Only my face in general.

• Sometimes but not all the time.

• Yeah I get em, usually about my body or hair lol.

• I got a compliment on my butt one time haha it was funny. But the last compliment i got was about a month ago, it was about my shirt. Im actualy wearing it now

• From time to time. But i don't get complimented as much as i did before, I'm not in the best shape that i used to be and my face looks more stressed out due to my studies and all. I get complimented on my rubble still though.

• hmm not often!

• Eyes mostly.
    Which is weird since they are brown, not a rare color like blue or green.

• Pretty much never.

• Well I used to, not anymore

• I'd like people to notice my dick, but it's not hard most of the time.

• Me too... but I'd prefer it was women who I was interested in that noticed with appreciation and desire/want/lust/love ;)

• Yeah my mom tells me i am handsome.