Seriously speaking, what do you think of girly girls?

As a girly girl I easily get misconceptions from other people regarding my personality. Just because I'm a girly girl, it doesn't mean I only think about my appearance and I'm superficial. Yes I do love pink, glitter, dressing up, and cute stuff, but I don't see what that has to do with me being 'prententious' 'superficial' and 'immature'. Not all girly girls exaggerate their outfit and makeup look. I'm a simple feminine girl.
I asked a simple question, a couple days ago, that was non controversial, therefore it didn't require any negative response. I chose to not responde because I promised myself to never respond to negative comment. **I only want to know if most of you think that way about girly girls and how I can defend myself**.
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q1572514-are-you-more-of-a-tomboy-or-a-girly-girl

What are some smart ways I could use to defend my personal style?
Hey guys, I'm sorry for coming off as whiny. After all, the most importante things are I want to know how I could defend myself and what you genuinely think about us girly girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experiances from most women I've met.. They have been more man then anything. I don't know if it's because of where I am from but fu** me these women might as well be men.

So it's nice to hear that there are still girly girls out their even thouhh I'll never ever meet one ahah😂

I CAN'T STAND WOMEN WHO ACT LIKE MEN.

What Guys Said 7

• Did not queens of England dress up in great finery? They did. AND DRESSED SO THEY WERE ABLE TO RUN A GLOBE ENCOMPASIN EMPIRE! One of the most powerful empires in all of history! So, girly girls can do a damn lot!!

• Hmm... i consider my mum to be more of a "girly girl", i have no problem with girls who are like this because its who you are, why should you change for someone else. I have friends who are girly girls and girls who are more tomboy type, and i'm okay with both. Sure there is nothing with you wanting to be more "feminine" if that's the right word. Whats important is that you are happy, don't change because of what society whats you to do. My wife is a mix of both, she can be very feminine at times and not so much when she wants too... but thats her choice and i do like her more feminine side because its different from me... so its like opposites attract kind of thing.

I have no problem in a girl being whatever she wants to be, if you are a "girly girl" there is nothing wrong with that, its who you are, wear it proudly. What i do have a problem and have noticed it more and more their seems to be a separation between the "girly girls" and the tomboy girls and often times the tomboy girls insult or critisize "girly girls", as i have come to see more often. Why? i have no idea

In the end, just be yourself and many might criticize you, just accept it and know you are true to yourself.

• Personally noone should have defend their self image. You should be free to be who you want, dress how you want, act how you want etc. As long as you are not offending anybody, you be who you want to be. In reality it is not you who are any less but the people who feel the need to pick negatives in your image, they are the immature weak minded sheep of society.

• eh sorry... but honestly i prefer tomboys mostly... i like it when a gal likes sports, video-games or she doesn't care if she gets dirty and dresses more casually instead of dressin up, put on make-up and stuff like dat. i find em more attractive both as personality and appearance... never understood this appeal wid girly-gals... but that's just my opinion :|

• I know I like a girl who is more girlier than not... But at the same time, Girly girls tend to lack a lot of confidence and can have lots of gossip and drama issues, I find at least. I like a girl who is very confident in herself and keep sour relationship between us only. I agree with that comment in ideally what I would be looking for though, but that doesn't mean it is ideal for everyone...

• I like the girly girl type and you should feel free to be who you want ,

• I love a girly girl. Hell to the yes.

What Girls Said 6

• Shake it off.

Does it make you happy? Yes.
    Do you like doing it? Yes.
    Is it YOUR choice? Yes.
    Is its YOUR body? Yes.

So what kind of person would try and police how you present yourself? Are you dressing someone else's body? Are you telling them how to behave? Nope. You're respecting others' decision. Like a mature adult. I find it also helps when you're not making sweeping generalizations.

• There's nothing wrong with dressing girly or acting feminine -- that sort of style and personality can actually be really cute, depending on the rest of your personality.

"Pink" and "glitter" may remind me of little girl interests, but who am I to judge?

• I'm also a girly girl!
    I think that if people don't like us, then they don't like us. Just flaunt your personality and style all you want, and don't let others bring you down. There's really no need to defend yourself, just be yourself and others will *probably* *hopefully* leave you alone!
    Confidence, baby. :)

• Generally speaking girly girls annoy me because I can't relate to them at all. They tend to seem vapid even if they aren't. I don't know how to help you. Good luck.

• I'm girly girl too sometimes and I think it's not bad because boys like that of course if that's not going too far like "oh i broke my nail I got to go home or I can't go outside because my hair looks terrible and blabla"

• Hey, I'm a girl girl.. I'm so offended people seem to think that way about us.. :(