Pale legs and shorts?

I try to tan, but I just turn red - it's almost like i can't get tan!
I have these shorts I like - i like to wear them, but I mostly do it home, due to my legs.
So...

Pale legs and shorts - yay og nay?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• Shorts are always nice. Just remember that while you're wishing you could be darker, there are people wishing they could be lighter. Just be satisfied with the skin you're in and know that there are a lot of guys that love pale skin and think they're hella sexy.

• Pale legs and shorts - Yay, just don't forget sunscreen though.

• I don't see anything wrong with it I mean I have fairer skin and I wear shorts. As shown by the majority most people are for it.

• Pale legs and shorts - yay

• definitely yay, I never understood the obsession some people have with being tanned, it is very harmful for your skin if you overdo it.

• DEFINITELY YAY! At least in my opinion anyways, pale skin is really attractive to me, more so than tan skin, I'm not really sure why lol

• Go for it. Yay

• I would say yay. Pale is nice.

• Pale legs are nice

• The paler the better.

• Yay.
    I prefer white skin as pale as it gets, personally

• Go get a spray tan on your legs. They do quite a good non streak job these days

• please don't ruin ur beautiful skin

• It's more important to have NICE legs and shorts ;)

• It can look cute if you swag.

• of course YAY.. whats wrong in having pale legs? they are damn awesome n sexy!

• Nay all the way on devoid of color skin, for me.

• the trick is to get a little bit of sun very often, rather than a lot of sun in one go

What Girls Said 15

• My legs are pale as snow, but I'll still wear shorts if it's hot outside and I want to.

I've had people say to me: "Wow, your legs are so pale. Aren't you embarrassed to wear shorts?"

And I'm like: "Bitch, how the fuck are they supposed to get tanned, if you expect me to cover them up? Logic, motherfucker, do you speak it?"

• okay first of all embrace your skin colour. I work at a summer camp for kids and one of them looked at my leg and goes are you that white or is that sunscreen. I am really pale and I love being pale. Why in hell would you want to tan and increase your chances of skin cancer. That is so stupid. You are white, learn to love being white.

• Pale legs and shorts is fine.
    But if you are insecure to the point you feel uncomfortable use gradual tanning lotion.

Basically gradual tanners are body lotions that moisturise and add a light bronze tint to the skin which you can build up over the week or as often as you see fit depending on the deepness of tan you require.

modernmartha.com/.../Karora-Gradual-Tan_02.jpg

modernmartha.com/.../Karora-Gradual-Tan_01.jpg

The one used in the pics are Karora Gradual Tan. It is botanical-based and are free from harsh chemicals.

• Hi Bluebirds
    I am hearing you! when I was your age, funny... . I used to do the same as you and end up burnt too.. red as red then peel... not nice... but the trick with shorts if you are so pale is to wear a colour that suits your skin tone... depends if you are summer, autumn, winter or spring colour and go for those colours... they compliment your skin tone.. as for black shorts.. I think that's a little heavy for pale legs but depends on the other colours that you wear for a top, runners and socks... and if you wear the shorts and go for a half hour walk or jog in the sun most days.. you'll find after a while you will get a slight tan without the redness... so yeah... put on ya shorts girl! :))

• definite yay! I don't feel its much of a trend anymore to look super tanned! It's nice to have natural, pure skin!

• Just wear sunscreen so you don't get burnt.

• Go for it. I have the same problem but hey, your skin will get gradually darker as you expose them to the sun light more, tanning or not.

• I have pale legs too and I love my mine. I do not wanna get tan
    Pale legs with shorts are YAY

• Look on the bright side I am also pale so during the medieval times we would have a high paying job were we don't really do anything and all the tan people would be our peasants so yes rock those shorts and don't let your pale body stop you!

• Look at kylie jenner her skin is as pale as snow and she looks amazing as ever. (Im a big fan) or if you want you can get a spray tan. I think in walmart they're are some type of sun screen that can make you get a spray tan or its the spray tan itself you have to check its in the area where all of the sunscreen stuff at.

• If Kylie Jenner is pale as snow, then I don't know what i am haha.
      I'd say Kylie is tan.

• Kylie jenner recently tanned her skin with a self tanner. Sometimes the make up on her face makes her skin look golden, but look at some of kylie older pictures. I know what pale looks like.

• Why is pale a bad thing?
    People here in my country would do anything to look paler

• you do you gurl

• If you like to wear shorts, wear them. I wear shorts because they feel nice to wear so even if I had pale skin they would still be worn xD

• No problem with pale legs. If you want tanned legs use fake tan, go to the salon to get a spray tan or use graually tanning body lotion.

• I don't like that i think