Is it possible that a good looking person appear ugly in a photograph?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I've seen people who are beautiful not look as good in their photos. I am the opposite. I am ugly, but I look good in pictures. I wish I could be pretty like I am in my pictures. I always get people asking me if I touch up my photos or something. They can't figure out why I look so different in pictures. A person once asked me why I photoshop my facebook pictures when people know I don't look like that. I do nothing. I don't know why I look better in pictures. I don't know anything about photo editing.

What Guys Said 13

• Totally. Many people will talk about how they're not photogenic.

• Certainly, i have a couple of colleagues who are like that.
    In person i find them really attractive, but if you see there picture they certainly look ugly.

• The best looking people look ugly in pictures. People edit the crap out of them! 😂

Models aren't anywhere near as hot as they seem. They just use loads of make-up and stuff. (Guys included)

• Have you observed this too? Do you have anything to do with photography as a hobby or something?

Lara Stone for example has photos in which she looks rather plain but very good in others, it's all about the light. Why would you say do the best looking people look ugly in photos? I'd like to learn more !

• Dude I do photography as a hobby, and have done shoots lmao. xD
      They use concealer on the skin to make the people seem more attractive, then airbrush the shit out of it on Photoshop. It is all about the light. I look like dog shit irl. I only look good in photos. xD

• A lot of people don't photograph as well as they look in real life.

• Sure, sometimes it's a trick of light/perspective and sometimes what makes a person look good is the play of expression across their face which is not captured in a still shot.

• Yes!!! I'm utterly convinced that those driver licenses camera shots are designed to make people look as ugly as possible.

• I've seen it first hand.

Saw a chick in person and thought she was attractive; then saw her in some pictures.

The pictures took away from her appearance.

• Not sure if you were interested in the girl. If you were when you first met her... Did you change your mind about her after seeing the pics and be like "meh, I think I'll pass" just because of the way she looked in the pics?

• I knew it was her; just looked different in her pictures.

• Nah, I wasn't necessarily sexually/romantically interested in her.

Just observing.

• haha yes, I saw it happening many times already.

• I'm just ugly anyway so no difference

• Yeah.. I know someone who is good looking but in her Facebook she doesn't shine.

• For me Im told I'm pretty good looking. I don't see it in the mirror but when I take pictures I do sometimes. But yeah it depends on the lighting and some people are just not photogenic

• I look great in a mirror but good luck trying to find a picture where I'm passable.

• I get complimented for my looks in real life and keeping in mind the girls that like (d) me I'd say I'm actually doing great :) .
    In photos on the other hand, people are amazed. I'm not "trained" to have a photo face so I turn up like bleah. This is why I developed a phobia for having my photos taken.
    Also my face is asymmetrical and this might influence it. I mean I hate looking at myself in photos. Wish I knew how to look better in photos.

What Girls Said 12

• Sure. There are plenty of great looking people that can look bad, it depends on lots of things, such as lighting, how they looked that day, and what kind of expression they're making (they might not be looking at the camera and might be talking or doing something else that's going to make them look weird).

• yes, it could be that they're not photogenic, i've seen moviestars that look great live but not as great on tv or on a photo, its a normal phenomena

• that or the photographer is a real amateur, or some newb idiot with a semi/professional camera on auto mode (facepalm)

• Yes. I look like shut in photos and I wouldn't exactly call myself ugly.

• Absolutely. I've had the reverse happen as well.

• yes it is possible...

• Yes, because when I take a picture of myself, I look so pretty, but even another person take a picture of me, I look ugly as heck.

• It's possible. Some people have photogenic features and some don't but look attractive in IRL but it could be other way around sometimes.

• Yeah. And vice-versa. Not everyone is photogenic.

• Yes. Bad angle, bad lighting, underexposed, overexposed or they just aren't very photogenic.

• VERY possible xD

• Yeah, it just means they're not photogenic.

• Absolutelyyyyyy