Girls, can you please give me any hair tips? My hair is so dry on the ends?

Hey ladies, I have been struggling with my hair for a while. My hair just gets so dry on the ends and my roots are oily if I go longer then a day with out shampooing. I like to straighten my hair to try and control my frizz. Any tips/ advice would be great. Plus any advice on easy hair dos so im not rocking the pony all the time at work would be great. : )

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I heat style every day and dye my hair as well. First thing truly is to use only salon products. Yes they are more expensive, but you use less and you hair is so much more manageable. I couldn't believe the difference they made. The other is using the It's a 10! Products. Yes they are expensive, but you use so little, my bottle of conditioner lasts me like 4 months and I use it to deep condition X2 a week with past shoulder length hair. People refuse to believe my hair is as soft as it is.

• I have never heard of that product. Where would I find it if I wanted to give it a shot?

• Thanks! I will give it a shot. I'm in the same boat as far as money but if lasts months, I'm willing to spend it. I'm tired of my hair looking just gross.

• That's how I feel. I can go out one less day that month if I can have it last that long. But seriously it has to have a good foundation with salon quality shampoo. It's a completely different formulation than the drugstore brands. They are much harsher and actually are the root cause of some of the damage.

What Girls Said 3

• my hair is the same type as yours. Use a deep cleansing shampoo, then a moisturising conditioner on the roots only. Before you use heat styling, spray your hair with heat protection keratin spray, but not the roots. you can also use some hair oil on your ends only.
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...allerina+Bun+Tutorial.JPG

• You shouldn't wash your hair that often - it's not good for the functioning of your skin and the hair itself. Also for the dry ends you can use olive oil - just spread a bit of it on your hair (especially the ends) after you've washed it and let it soak in over night - then rinse it out and your hair will feel a lot healthier and smoother

• I think coconut oil helps with dry hair.