I am looking to get a tattoo but I am worried that it will be taken wrong. Are all tattoos on the lower back a "tramp" stamp?

I have been wanting to get a tattoo that means a lot to me. I am thinking of getting it placed on my lower back because it's hidden there but I'm worried that it will come off as a tramp stamp. The tattoo would be " My Podium is Within" (motocross reference) with some detail around it.
Obviously I can think of at least 5 dirty jokes that could come from me putting that above my ass. :/
I have been trying to think of where else I could put it but I keep going back to that placement.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion honestly, the lower back is just a weird place for a tattoo. Maybe get it on your side? That'd be a good spot.

• I've considered my ribs but the detailing im thinking of might not work well with that placement.

• If you're scared people will think your tattoo is weird/will get jokes, maybe you shouldn't get it. You don't sound like you're "In love with it" and if you're not in love with it, you'll regret it.

• I am in love with it. I've designed it to include some detailing that would be representing a couple people in my life that mean a lot to me. I just don't want it to be a joke to others when it means something special to me.

What Guys Said 4

• If they are any bigger than about the size of a hockey puck, they are "tramp" stamp. Smaller is sexy.

• Yes, lower back tattoos have been invariably labeled as tramp stamps. There's really no way to get around it. Especially one that says something like that. TBH you'll get jokes with that no matter where you put it on your body.

• That's what I am afraid of. That's why I want to put it in a spot that not many people see.

• I think tramp stamps can be pretty sexy.

• If you want one get it, live your life!! No one but you should be allowed to dictate you decisions!

What Girls Said 3

• You could put it on the side of your ribs, or the middle of your back.. or on the nape of your neck, yes it's true they're normally called a "tramp stamp" but if thats the placement you want then go for it!

• It's a good thing you have a tattoo in mind that has a special meaning to you, but don't get it on your lower back. Find another place for it, maybe upper back?

• I thought about that spot to but I have another tattoo in mind for my upper back.

• If I were you I'd do away with the lower back idea altogether, just my suggestion. I have two tattoos on my neck, and even though I have received negative responses about their placement (covering up neck tattoos for a job interview is difficult to near impossible) it's still not as bad as getting them on the tramp stamp area. That area is like a no go. You can try getting the tattoo on your side.

• Yea, I think they all are tramp stamp. Have you ever thought of getting an anal tattoo?