Why are some people against pixie cuts?

I have had a pixie for 2 months now and get nothing but compliments off guys and girls.. but when I go online and look it seems like the world is against them, why? Short hair isn't just for guys

The conclusion is that most men are ignorant and dislike pixies. However girls love them and so do some guys. So if you're planning on getting a pixie, go for it. Who cares about what guys think? As a tumblr feminist once said, all men are pigs
In the last update I said "all men are pigs" that is just a saying for men who are very immature. And can I just say that there is nothing wrong with being a feminist and the haircut has nothing to do with it

Most Helpful Guy

• In my observations, 90% of people are attracted to the overt. In the same way, that a lot of women are attracted to almost stereotypical conceptions of men, needing him to have strong arms, big shoulders, other overt masculine characteristics. This seems very biological to me. People with the strongest spirits, who have almost managed to go beyond the simply biological, you notice, have integrated female and male qualities. They get the synthesis between the two.

Personally, I have no issue with it. Hair is a tiny aspect of person's physical being, the physical in turn, being only another aspect of a person's being. Most people are blind, and ultimately, to each their own. The most interesting people, are their own person.

• Lol I knew it, "... all men are pigs!" Its notthe hair cut that drives men away its your ignorant, hateful attitude.

What Guys Said 26

• I just find it unattractive. But, I don't have anything strongly morally against it.

I think most men agree with me on both points.

• I think it looks super cute on you.

• I'm not against it, but I prefer longer hair, I think it looks more attractive on women.

• Simple.

A girl getting a pixie cut is like a guy putting on a beer belly on purpose.

And in person, everyone gives compliments. It's behind your back and online that people say what they really think.

• I usually don't respond to rude comments but I'll make an exception here. And since you didn't know I'll put it in capitals SHORT HAIR isn't JUST FOR GUYS. It's ok to dislike them but have respect and don't be like that. You have a good day now

• Oddly enough, I am part Irish on my mother's side. My cousins are VERY Irish, if you know what I mean.

• Honstly don't take anything this guy says seriously, he is extremely traditional to the point of just being plain out sexist.

• I'm not against them, i just don't find them attractive. there's a difference.

• Because people on the Internet are assholes to the extreme and people in person are nice to the extreme. If you want an honest opinion get another person to show a picture of you to someone you don't know they're still anonymous but are still talking to a human so they will be realistic.

• Short hair doesn't suit many girls in my opinion

• I've got nothing against it, my ex had a pixie cut, I loved it. However I do disagree with the all men are pigs addition, there's no possible way anyone could really make that assumption.

• Because they just don't like it and think of they don't like it then other people shouldn't like it because it makes them not like them.

• Your hair looks so lovely. It's just down to how you feel about it. Forget anyone else.

Just for the record, it looks extremely attractive!

• I was going to give you a reasonable answer until I read "As a tumblr feminist once said, all men are pigs".

Therefore, blocked.

• I'm not against them, I have found women with short haircuts attractive before. It's just it makes them look like a mommy, that's all.

• Well makes girls looks like boys...

• i dont know girl but i dont think so... and i think it makes helps you look different from other girls and i usually like things which are nt common

• I like them I think they make girls look really pretty and adorable and you shouldn't care what other people think fuck them you be happy ok ^_^

• The fuck is a pixie cut? Is that like a cut of sirloin?

• I personally think they look absolutely adorable on girls, most men hate them but there are a few (like me) that love them.

• I like short hair but not that short.

• If that's you in the profile pic then you look great..

• I dig it. Had a girlfriend that rocked a pixie for 3 years and counting.
    But then again we're both Bi so?
    Can't trust a Bi dude's judgement lmao

• Well, I personally prefer girls with long hair but that does not make me "ignorant" nor "against it" it's called preference, I guess you never heard that. If girls wanna have short hair, go ahead but it doesn't mean that I have to like it.

"As a tumblr feminist once said, all men are pigs" Now that is what makes YOU ignorant. Misandry is ignorance, not preferences.

• People are just being nice.

• Pixie cuts look ok... on very few girls. They really have to have a particular look about them to pull it off. Otherwise, she simply looks gay or unattractive. But it isn't polite to say that.

• they rarely look good.

• Well when I was younger I was with this perfectly normal happy girl for 4 years then she started hanging out with gays and lesbians and feminists and got a pixie cut and turned into a complete bitch, cheated on me with a girl, then decided she wanted to become a tranny guy who still likes dick so I had to dump her. It could just be that pixie cuts are seen as a lesbian/feminist symbol and to be honest those demographics get less and less popular every year. I'm not saying you're a lesbian or a manhater just because you get a pixie cut, but you look like one.

• Get mad and down-vote me if you want but if I rode around in a pick-up truck flying a rebel flag you'd think I was racist and if I got a swastika tattoo'd on my forehead you'd think I was a Nazi. You get a lesbian/feminist haircut and some of us will make assumptions.

• @genuinlysensitive All men are pigs according to her update. So I guess that validates my reasoning for not liking Pixie cuts since she done went and proved me right in my assumption that it made her a lesbian or a feminist.

• Hey, Asker! Since you are a feminist I am blocking you. I should have just done it when I saw your haircut, but I thought I'd be open minded and not just assume you was a feminist.

• I'm not "against" it. It's your hair and your life. If you want to look like a lesbian that's entirely up to you :)

• Too boyish

What Girls Said 16

• I don't know anyone that is "against" pixie cuts, I think some people just don't find pixie cuts to be attractive on women. A lot of men simply prefer longer hair since it is typically associated with being more "feminine." However, you should have any hairstyle you want. I have met some guys who were okay with short hair or found women with shorter hair attractive. So, those types of guys are out there, they just seem to be less common than guys who prefer long hair.

• I doubt it's like anything else online where people beak off things they truly don't mean because they don't know what they're talking about, or else they say things like a gutless worm because they can get away with it. If you have people telling you they like your hair, you'd know if it's genuine. People have a stigma about long hair, and that's about it. If faced with a friend or girlfriend who cuts her hair, they might just think it applies to everyone else except the person they love. :)

• I find that the types of people who are vocally against pixie cuts (or short hair on women in general) are very conservative types who believe strongly in traditional gender roles. They think that short hair on women isn't "feminine".

Obviously it depends on whether the haircut suits the individual, but I think that plenty of women look great with short hair.

• No not against them, we are just tired of people trying to tell us, "you must find this attractive!" Even though many do not.

• Too many people it seems to be sone kind of concerted effort. Then they get upset if you dont shower them with compliments about how amazing they look. Do people really care how they cut thier hair? No. Does that mean everyone has to find it attractive? Also no.

• @genuinlysensitive

I've literally never seen someone say that people must find short hair on women attractive.

• I think it's because many men think that short hair automatically makes you unattractive which is just absolute bs but it's the way some ppl's brains work, especially on the internet - I have a bob cut and you'd be surprised how often I see comments online about guys thinking that "short hair is only for lesbians" etc etc.
    personally I love pixie cuts on girls and I'd love to get one myself one day but I don't think I have the face for it.. Anyways, don't let those people and their dumb opinions ruin your self-confidence!

• I do like it and think it looks good - but I think it does make most girls look a lot less feminine. Personally, I like this look, but I think a lot of guys prefer a softer, more traditionally feminine hairstyle. I think it's mostly subconscious.

• Your hair is yours.

Do not let some twerp on the internet make you feel bad about styling your hair how you want to. Their opinion is irrelevant.

• Because not everyone can pull them off. It's a very distinctive haircut.

• i guess its because some guys don't find it really feminine but to each their preference

• Because guys think long hair makes a girl look feminine when they don't realize different hairstyles work for different people.

• Lauren if i tell you... YOU LOOK AMAZING and do not forget that. Pixies are not the style peapole like and are alsso not too boyish just I don't know peapole do not prefer it. I DO.

• Because they don't get how awesome pixie cuts are. I've had this cut for years now, and I'm never going to change it.

• It looks very cute on you. On the internet, you're more likely to meet dicks who aren't afraid to diss a total stranger

Don't worry about it hun!

• No idea,
    I don't mind, and you have it much easier xD

• god i WISH i had a face to pull off a pixie cut.
    all the guys sound ignorant about it tf

• People generally fear the whole feminist thing and pixie cuts have unfortunately been linked to masculinity and feminism. It's like they think you're trying to abandon your femininity by loosing the long hair, which they could on some subconscious level feel treated by.

It's just a guess though, personally I love pixie cuts when they're done right.

• I have the same problem. I have a mohawk. people tend to label girls with short hair more often. Guys want to be with the most feminine of girls because they don't want their heterosexuality questioned. I've personally never seen a girl that looks bad in A pixie. You look absolutely GORGEOUS

• Right, its because we men are insecure about our masculinity. Why is it whenever women have types they insist on they get "you go girls" but somehow when men are insisting on a tyoe they are labeled "insecure" or worse?

• Wtf uh this isn't about people's types...

• So what mens opinions dont matter, men aren't alliwed to jave types or peferances. When you get older and wonder why you ate perpetually single, let me save you some time. Its your irrational hatred and low opinion of men.