Is height important?

Girls. Does height matter to you? I know that your man has to be taller but is it a plus to be a whole lot taller? Like if you are 5'4 does a 6'6 guy attract you more? Is it an asset?

Most Helpful Girl

• Being 6' 1", height is almost one of the first things I'll notice about a guy. If he towers over ME, it's an instant, "How can I get him to notice me?"

Seeing as height is an important part of who I am as a person, it's something I look for. It's not a shallow, "OMG! He's so cute!" it's more of a, "Well, he'll understand how annoying it is when people ask how tall I am, or how difficult it can be to find clothing that fits." It's just a mutual connection I think a tall guy and I could have right away.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm attracted to guys who are bigger than I am. That means a bit taller, broader, stronger etc. BUT with any of those there's a limit, and that limit is probably proportional to whatever specific girl you're talking to. I'd no sooner find the jolly green giant attractive, than a guy who's over-pumped on steroids. Not so much.

As it stands I'm 5'4 and my husband's 6'. Which means I can lean my head on his chest/shoulder. I wouldn't be immediately attracted to a guy any taller than that. I can at least look him in the face without either of us straining our necks.

• I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. It really depends on the female. For me, I prefer a taller man; I don't want to look down at my man. Besides, I am only 5'5" . Some girls prefer several inches taller; it's rather macho to them. For some it could very well be an asset. Most girls that I know prefer taller guys!

• Well, I would prefer my guy to be taller. But not TOO TALL. A tall guy just has that manliness about him. That's not to say guys who are short AREN'T manly or good looking. The idea of a guy being tall is just VERY SEXY. I am 5'7 sooo anyone taller then that. And not past 5'11 is totally fine by me!

• No it definitely doesn't make a big difference to me. I'm barely 5ft so I wouldn't want to date a guy that was a LOT LOT taller than me, say by a foot or more. That'd kinda make things awkward for both of us and it'd just be strange.

• Personally, I've dated guys that are taller then me, I'm not tall lol. But I have a friend and he went out with a guy that was 4 inches shorter then her and they lasted 2 years. So maybe the short ones are the good ones (: lol.

• I like a guy to be taller than me, but it's definately not a deal breaker if he isn't. A man who is the same height, or even an inch or two shorter is definately still in the running.

• Personally very tall guys will turn my head, but that is just going on looks. Its not the be all end all, character is much more important to me so height is not an issue when I meet someone who interests me.

• No height is not a problem a lot of girls love short boys we are just to self assured to let people see us with them me I don't care if I have a short boyfriend or not.

• Height doesn't make that much of a difference to me. Of course I'm not gonna date a troll, but as long as he is proportionate and looks cute it doesn't matter. It is not like the taller the better.

What Guys Said 4

• I've gone out with plenty of women that are taller than me (~5'6"). What I've found is that women aren't attracted to height per se, but to the feelings a tall man invokes. Safety, security, etc--things along those lines. If you can make a woman feel those things then your height usually won't make a bit of difference. Logically a woman may think "he's too short", or "what will my friends think?", but as soon as you engage her emotionally and hit those points I covered earlier then it won't matter.

Ever hear a woman say, "he's usually not my type, but." or "It just happened." That's her version of saying "my logical mind was overridden by my emotions because he's such a great guy and made me feel safe, secure, and we had a strong connection".

• If the woman is taller, then I like it when she wraps those long slender legs around me. If the woman is shorter than I like it when I get to tilt my head forward to kiss her. If we are the same height then I like being able to stare into her eyes every time we talk.

• For a shorter guy to go out with a taller girl, it will take a lot of guts and courage. believe me people admire. (mostly female)

in other hand guys will talk hella shit

• Really interesting question ! I'm really curious to see what the girls will say !