Should I Get Red Highlights?

So I've never dyed my hair before. But lately I've been thinking of dying my hair tips dark red. My original hair color is dark chestnut brown and I have pale skin as you can see. What do you think?
Should I Get Red Highlights?

This is very bright color but looks cool as well : http://i.ytimg.com/vi/5wUIUt2Zgro/hqdefault.jpg

Or should I not bother at all?

• Dye it red on the tips.
  • Dye it red all over. / Change your hair color
  • Don't change your original color. / Don't dye it.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• While those styles sound really interesting... if you haven't dyed your hair before you might want to think hard about it. Dying can really mess with the 'health' (quality and texture) of your hair.
    .. That said I've always been a sucker for bottle-redheads as I know a lot of other guys are, so no ones going to be complaining.

• You have dark hair so the red tips would look good on you, just like the girl on the second picture. Don't dye it too bright, that doesn't look too good. The darker blends in better.

P. S.: We will all miss Casillas a lot :'(

• Ok thank you, I think so... the third girl's hair looked good to me for a second but i think it's too bright:/ so no.

P. S. : yes! :'( Oh you're originally from Spain right? I'm a big Casillas fan haha I still couldn't digest the news it's like it's Casillas he's always there playing in RM and never leave you know lol

• The first one doesn't look bad, but it's not even, like they chose random hairs and dyed those and left the rest normal.
      The second one looks more even, it looks like a waterfall, going from black to dark red. It's more cute in my opinion.

• oh i see ok then thanks gonna give it a try

• Just don't dye it all red. Your hair looks great already, but if you wanna dye the tips, that can be cute too.

• I like the dark red on the tips like in the pics

• Yo both pictures are awesome... do it

• I'm actually getting dreads some people say i act like a hippie and i so really act like a hippie sometimes so i decided to get my hair dreaded and put red highlights in it
    so i think it would look good, if it doesn't we can look badly highlighted together

• I would say dye your hair color in the picture of the first girl <3 :p ;p <3

• I like the first girls hair! Dooo it!

• 1st gurls hair looks dope but then again black is black

• Ok honey as you wish, :)

• Black is beautiful ;)

What Girls Said 5

• I think it looks nice. Just know that any bright colors demand lots of maintenance and care. Otherwise it'll lose its brightness quickly and will end up looking dull... or worse, ugly. Red has a tendency to turn either pink or orange if you don't touch it up regularly. And depending on your tastes, you might not like it.

• Red tips sound cool - in the second pic - best option.
    =)

It's kind of red purplish... Love it. =)

• If you haven't processed your hair before its best to start off slow to avoid permanent damage

• Yes thanks for the advice, I think so. I think im gonna just dye the tips a little bit, i don't want to ruin my hair though lol

• I've been getting highlights for years and just started dying my hair red myself. If you do it right, little damage is done.

• Yeaahpp bayalage or ombre or peek-a-boo!!!

• Yea so pretty!