Girls, why do take so long to get ready?

It was the question which arise in my mind. many of the guys would like know the answer. I hope I will get good answer.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Partly because I have so much to do, and partly because it's fun for me so I take my time with it. Girls usually try to make themselves completely smooth and hairless and nice smelling. Having a shower can take 30-40 mins and the majority of that is spent shaving, but I also exfoliate everything to make it smooth and wash everything a few times. I have a lot of hair so it takes forever to dry and style. Makeup can take a long time too because you have to go slowly otherwise you'll mess up. I moisturize everything after too to keep it soft.

What Girls Said 15

• Our hair is much harder to handle, most women have shoulder-waist length hair and honestly it just gets so frizzy and tangled and dry and it involved so much maintenance, we sometimes have to heat style it with blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc and have to put special oils in and everything!
    Some of us wear makeup and if you do the whole shabang, you have to apply moisturizer then primer then foundation, concealer, some contouring and highlight our face, apply blush, eyeshadow, tame our eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, lipgloss.
    We have to do any of those, usually not all but a variety of them if we decide to wear makeup.
    We also have to shave our under-arm and leg hair bc apparently in society its only ok for guys to have it pshht.

• A lot of my date's waiting time is because I procrastinate and get ready at the last minute. I know it's terrible, I'm just a person who puts things off.

Besides that, I take short showers-power showers of less than 5 minutes. My make up takes a good 5 minutes for lips, blush, concealer, mascara, and a one color eye shadow. If we're going out in the day I might add foundation which is another minute. My clothes are quick to throw one, but I always lose my shoes, haha. That's what adds a lot of time. And if my hair isn't already nice from the day before, that's a good 3-5 minutes.

So, it takes me a while to get ready, but I always start as soon as my boyfriend leaves his house, which is about 20 minutes away. So, I usually make it or am less than 10 minutes late.

• Always depends on what I am getting ready for. If my SO and I are going out for the night on a date or with friends and family, I like to look my best, so that takes longer. Hair styling, makeup, picking an outfit, and putting it all together. If I am going to the beach, not so long, as I will pull up my hair and not wear makeup. I purposely give myself enough time in the morning during the week to have a half hour to do my hair and makeup for work, but if I miss my alarm you should see how fast I can do those things and be out the door. lol :-)

• it depends on the woman. I spend more time on clothes, esp when i didn't get to choose the night before. but if need i to fix my hair and use hair dryer or iron then it'll take twice longer. i don't take much time in makeup for everyday (simple make up) except for special occasions.

• Shaving takes a lot of time to do properly without cuts, makeup, hairstyling, and doing it all without sweating - quite a challenge these days.

• I personally like getting ready. If i'm going to a festival or something, then getting ready is like half the fun for me. :)
    - Hope that works for you

• I don't take long lol. My best friend and sisters do tho and it's so annoying. I'm like a guy when it comes to that.

• My hair takes long time to dry.

• Because perfection takes time.

• Cuz we are prettying ourselves up for you to prove we're the woman you should choose and keep forever lol beauty takes time ;p

• Mostly spend time on randomly making faces in the mirror, hopping about and brushing my hair for an unnecessary amount of time. If I have to hurry up I have natural make-up and clothes done in 5 to 7 minutes.

• I don't. I'm actually the quickest in my fam which includes two boys. Usually takes less than 10 mins.

• If we have to hurry to classes or work we can get ready in 10 to 15mins flat but if we're going out we wanna look really nice so that takes a bit longer.

• Because we want to look perfect

• i just wash my face/brush my teeth and go. and i am a girl...