Do you think it's acceptable for (straight) men to wear leggings/tights/pantyhose in public?

Would you say it's Ok for guys to wear tights or leggings or something like that in public? Athletic wear aside, of course lol. I think it would be super comfortable if not for the embarrassment factor! Would you assume they are gay or something? Nobody wants to send the wrong message so it's important to know.

Also, ladies would you date/support a guy doing this? Do you think it's more or less attractive or what?

• Guys should wear tights in public, would fate/hang out with.
  • It's Ok for straight guys to wear tights in public, but I wouldn't date/associate with them.
  • It's Ok for guys to wear tights but I'd think they are gay
  • It's not okay for guys to wear tights in public it will destroy our morals!
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• It's awesome to wear whatever you want, so go for it. But I personally don't find that it looks good because you can see the bulge and it's awkward to look at in my opinion but maybe I'm just not used to it yet.

• True the bulge is a very nagging problem to this trend.

• Yeah otherwise I'd think they were good on guys, they're really comfortable

• Right I've worn bike tights/running tights when doing said activities and yeah they are if not for the weird factor. So tights are not a part of my regular wardrobe lol.

What Girls Said 3

• To each their own... but unfortunately, I think most people would assume they are gay. If that doesn't bother them, then who cares

• Ok but what if it does bother them. Also I would be more interested to learn your opinion and what you would think.

• My opinion is that I dont care what someone else decides to wear. However, like anyone, I make assumptions about people based on how they present themselves. I would assume they were gay.

• Well probably assume you are gay or transvestite. Nothing wrong with that, just because it's a female article of clothing!

• I just think its not manly.

What Guys Said 8

• Mantyhose. It's a real thing

• True I've seen it or similar things before though it's rare even here in hyper-liberal Seattle.

• This is the response you'd get haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wngsO-Z4n7A

• Lol probably that video is funny as heck Thanks for posting!

• I would find it strange but I am open minded - I would get used to it

• Ehh it's not really my thing and I find it kind of strange, but to each their own I guess.

• I don't care what you ware, but I wouldn't hang out with a guy that did

• Dudes wearing tight in public is fine. like idgaf

• I choose the both C and D

• You can if you want to. I'd make no assumption about your sexuality, though. No matter your orientation, I think it's weird as hell.

• It seems weird that's why I ask. Do you think that's just because of the cultural norms though or something more deep rooted than that?

• I dunno. Something about seeing a dude's leg hair through his tights is kinda unappetizing. So is the bulge in the crotchal region caused by wearing tight fitting stretchy garments.