Why are bras so expensive?

I'll need to get a professional bra fitting. In the past, apparently, my size measurements were vastly different with each fitter. I hate that most bras are over $60, and there's no way I'd want to pay that much for one bra! Also, I've never worn a bra that fit - the band was usually too big and rode up my back, and the cups were too small. (The stores rarely offer anything in a 30 inch band size, too.)
I'll have to schedule an appointment with another bra fitter, and I hope this lady's respectful and doesn't pressure me into buying something that's uncomfortable like my previous experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• Quality, quality, quality. No one likes paying that much for any type of clothing, but sometimes, it is worth it, especially if it keeps the girls supported. However, I do feel your pain about the 30 band size as that is what I am as well. It is very hard to find.

• I'm relieved someone understand my frustration and pain. It sucks 30 inch bands are rare to find (and don't get me started on 28 - those are practically non-existent at the stores in my area!)
      I'm not a great seamstress, so if I end up with a 32 band, I don't know how I'll tighten it. By the way, I refuse to go to Victoria's Secret. Earlier last year, I sent them an email about extending the size range of their bras - such as 30 bands and up to G or DDDD cup sizes - and stated that many women need to be properly fitted, along with other concerns I'd thought needed to be addressed (I mean, their own models can't fit into the bras!)
      They replied back and said they'd take my "sugggestion" to the company board. So far, nothing's changed.😔

• Oh, trust me, I totally understand. I order most of my bras online honestly because I can't find stores around here that sell bras lower than a 32 inch band. I understand that it's rare, so they don't want to keep a lot of those smaller bands in stock and not have them be purchased, but still. I have about four bras that I wear regularly because they actually fit. I won't get into how expensive they are either, haha.

I don't use Victoria's Secret either. That was the first place I looked when I found out I had a 30 inch band. They have that size, but for AA - B cups. Yeah, that's not going to fly because I'm a D or DD cup. I'm glad you voiced your concerns, though I honestly doubt much will be done as they are doing just fine business-wise as it is, haha.

I wish you luck as you continue your hunt for good bras, though! Just know that you're not alone in struggling to find ones that fit well. Thank you for MHO, too, by the way. :)

What Guys Said 6

• So I can masterbate on something pricey

• Have read yesterday in the paper that wearing a bra has not advantages at all so why wearing them, especially when they are expensive

• -looks at the tag on a bra, reads it out loud- Made in China by The Patriarchy Manufacturing.

• because they're bras?

• Gurl, its because they know some girls need them so they jack that price up.

• Fancier the bra, the more expensive. Also, depends on where you're going for them. Vs is going to be expensive because well, it's vs

What Girls Said 3

• Because they can be... o. O
    You get what you pay for.

• Bra sizes are like jeans, you'll be a different size in different brands. Bra sizes tend to be relative so lets say you're a 36DD you'll also fit a 38 D. Or if you're a 36 B you'd be a 38 A or 34 C, at least thats the idea.

• Well, according to my measurements, I'm an estimated 30DDD or 28G, but those sizes are so rare to find at any store in my area. It sucks cause I don't want to resort to buying stuff online. Thank you for responding! (Oh, and I really do like the high-rise Wrangler's and American Eagle jeans 😊)

• Hmm thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to look into that brand. I used to love Wacoal, but it seems they're caught in the whole "vanity size" thing, and the cups are too small, but the band is too loose. I'll check HerRoom and see if they have any Olga collection available on their site

• Good luck

• because we can't live without them