Women, why do you (or don't you) like the hip hop fashion on men?

I am adding words here so I can post my question

Most Helpful Girl

• "hip hop style" meaning the clothes that are 5 sizes too big, the boxers hanging out of the pants, bright colored Air Jordan sneakers, a hat with the giant holofoil sticker still on the rim, and the gaudy jewelry? how can someone expect to be taken seriously when they purposely dress like that? it's just funny looking.

it's like 'chavs' in Scotland...they think they look damn sexy but they really look ridiculous.

• The other thing that sorta annoys me about he hip hop style, other than the fact that it's just unattractive, is how flamboyant it is. it's like "i'm from the ghetto and I'm underprivileged, but my shoes cost $250, the rims on my 1979 Cadillac cost $2000, and my girlfriend's fake nails cost $150 per week to maintain."

it doesn't make sense. if I grew up in the projects, I would be trying damn hard to get out of the projects, not buying chrome rims.

• Aye, but my dad came from the Bronx, he didn't go to college, and he didn't have a ton of money, and what money he had he used to buy drugs. he got his priorities straight somewhere along the line and that's why I don't live in a one-bedroom apartment in the Bronx. and now people are going to say, "but your dad's white." yeah, my dad's white; but people weren't too nice to Jews in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. I never said it was easy, but it's possible to make a better life for yourself.

• And yeah, I grew up in the suburbs and I don't know what it's like to be held up at gun point (my dad was held up at gun point when he worked as a taxi driver), and I don't know what it's like to live in a place without heat in the winter. but it isn't a foreign concept to me, and I'm constantly living with my dad's preaching about priorities, work, and spending your money wisely. the guys who live in hand me downs, they're the doing the best they can and I respect that.

What Girls Said 5

• just depends on style preference. I don't mind it but I prefer my guy just in jeans and a t shirt. I'm not that picky

• I say if it looks good on you rock it out. But I typically go for guys who have more of a rock/skater style, but that's just me.

• If you don't look goofy in it - it's hot.

• I don't really like it, it's kinda played out.

• I like it, its one of the best styles

What Guys Said 0