Does this cut look real?

I am in a short film and they asked me to create a scar/cut on my face. Does it look realistic to you?

http://imgur.com/Isb6xdY

• Yes, it looks realistic
  • No, looks unrealistic
  • Meh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Up close it doesn't look very realistic, you can tell it's fake, but from the distance, and through the camera it will look realistic. If there's gonna be a close up of the scar, then you should try add some more detail, but if there's gonna be no close up, it's ok, no need to do anything else.

What Guys Said 6

• It looks fake

• The thing that threw me off was that the cut looks fresh, the blood is still bright red, yet, nothing is flowing out. If you cut your cheek open the way that looks, you'd have blood streaming out like there's no tomorrow.

• It looks good to me

• Very real looking for sure,,,

• you added too much wax to it.

• I guess it's real becoz light swelling near her injured face make it real

What Girls Said 9

• Realistic enough I guess, but could be better.

• Sure. =)

If there wasn't the lighter tissue around it - it would look more realistic.

• yes it looks good

• try adding a little more pink colored irritation around the cut. i do SFX makeup in my free time as a fun little hobby. google some facial cuts and use that as a reference photo. there are also a lot of youtube tutorials for it. thats how i learned!

• a little bit, but since its up so close you can tell it's not very real. but its not bad!

• looks real to me

• Yeah, it looks realistic to me.

• the concealer around the outside of the "cut" should be blended in more, that would help it look more realistic :)

• You need to add a little more blood, that way it drips down your face, yet still is realistic, and add something to blend in the sides of the scar some, you can see where the sticky stuff is