Would any guy be attracted to me?

I'm 23 years old, turning 24, and I've never been on a date before or had a relationship. I'm very much into academics right now, thinking about a combined md/phD... I'm just wondering if any guy would be attracted to a very shy women of this nature who doesn't like clubbing and is not very flirty. I feel very different from the average woman who likes taking pictures of herself, prettying herself up, etc. I'm not a tomboy, but I'm at a place in my life where things are very hectic and I find it difficult to do more than study and just pull on some dress pants and a shirt...

I enjoy my family and friends and I work in a children's hospital, so I understand that I am blessed to be where I am in life..

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't speak for all guys but it sounds to me like you might not have time for a relationship right now. From what you've written it sounds like any guy who wanted to be with you runs the risk of becoming an inconvenience rather than a boyfriend. That would turn some guys away.

But, I don't see anything that would turn me away. I'm not into going to clubs either and I'm not very good at picking up on flirting. The only issue would be that I am shy too so any relationship would probably be awkward and slow at first.

What Guys Said 3

• Same. 24, never dated but I'm not caught up in academics, I'm just ...not anything. Haha. As far as attraction, yeah I'm sure they would be ATTRACTED but your current situation might lead them to believe you won't have time for them so... hmm.

• Guys are really into looks, for better or for worse. If you're pretty, then it won't matter if you're the life of the party of a bookworm.

• You're only going to get away with that if you're pretty. If you're not, you really have to try.

• That and you pmed me but I forgot your name so if you want me to explain this, pm me back and I will.

What Girls Said 1

• OMG this is like reading my life story. I'm also getting my phD, I just turned 23 and have never been in a serious relationship :(