I feel like I was born in the wrong generation. Who else wishes that the 90s would come back?

I was born in 1999 but I wish that I could have lived through the nineties at least as a teenager just everything about it is so beautiful and cool I love how the women more neutral and natural looking makeup with big poofy bouncy hair everyone just seemed so much classier even if they were the biggest slut. Ughhhh it's like I'm reminiscing on something that I never got the chance to live through.

Now I'm stuck with all of the stupid teenage girls in my generation looking up to females like this

• yes 90s
  • no way modern

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree, this generation got its own thing but I definitely wouldn't regret living in the 90s.

Most Helpful Girl

• Although, this generation is kind of overrated and just ugh.
    The 90's weren't so great, I mean there was all that belief in UFO's and how the government knew something we didn't?
    There was Jeffrey Dahmer and hate towards the government, their style was a bit tacky and odd and they had some kind of Tv show (I forgot the name) with like drama and fighting and women stripping and all this shit.
    I think the 80's were better than the 90's tbh, but i'm perfectly happy in my generation, but still NOTHING compares to the 21st century lol.

What Guys Said 15

• I wish I was born about 15 years before '96 so I could truly experience the 90s. I am, however, a fan of the 90s. Music, movies, sports, you name it. That being said, I also don't mind the music of the early 2000s. It's when pop started blending with hip-hop/rap that things went downhill.

Ahh I wish I could experience the grunge scene and go to a Nirvana concert, so Kurt could play his guitar out of tune purposely and Radiohead could play Creep before they got tired of it.

• Real talk, most people born between 97-99 go on about how they're nineties kids and that's where they deserve to be. Nostalgia's a very fuzzy set of goggles.

• There is nothing wrong with going retro - It is your own style - From a male point of view did a google of a few decades and I think 2000s most casual which would appeal to me a lot.

• Yeah I grew up in the 90's and it was way better except for not having real internet. (Wooden modems do not count)

90's Fashion Icon:

cdn2.thegloss.com/.../clarissa-1.jpg

Today's Fashion Icon:

i1.mirror.co.uk/.../Lady-Gaga.png

• Yes I remember the 90s. Many girls owned tamagotchi's they where very popular with girls in the 90s.

• Gah no. So much badness in the 90s. The music was aweful, the culture was merrily ploughing down the narcissism road to get to today... and the internet was not developed to a point that we could escape from the drudgery of meatspace yet.

• I feel like this poll is biased. I don't want modern OR the 90's. They're both my least favorites...
    Can I have the 70's or 80's again, please?

• Well the internet is way better than even just 10 years ago and the 90s the internet was poo. However, I would have loved to go through the dating world without having to deal with stupid cell phones.

• Yeah all the time lol, I miss the 90s.

• There's plenty of modern things that I'd like to keep, like the much better internet connection, ha ha! There are some things that I miss about the 90's, though.

• Yeah, the 90's were great. Some things of the world today bring me to tears almost.

• y'all weren't even old to remember the 90s. Fuck you mean?

• I love how women dress back then.

• 80's were way better than the 90's

• 80's and 90's ruled

What Girls Said 8

• You should have been born in the 80s. Then you would have grown up in the 90s. People born in the 90s didn't really get to experience them. They were like 10 when 2000 hit and from 0-10 doesn't involve much experiencing lol. You want to be a teen - early 20s in a decade to really experience them.

I was born in 93 and yeah, my childhood was great, but I didn't get to experience all the cool big kid stuff/fashion that everyone claims to miss.

• I understand, but in my case I wish I could have lived through the 40's, 50's and early 60's. I love the retro/vintage look fashions and the women were so naturally beautiful back then.

• ALL. THE. TIME.

• Yes I feel like I was born in the wrong generation but it wouldn't be the 90's I would want to be in lol, I was there. I would want to go back to the 60's and live there. Such great clothes and hair and music!! :-)

• I like the leggings we have now way better. Plus the internet is faster.

• I was born in January of 99 and I don't miss the 90's. How could i? I BARELY EXISTED. But i do wish they brought the Game Boy back.

• The 90s was awesome you should have been there.

• the 90s was nice i won't lie!