Is my belly button peircing infected?

It's dark red on the inside of my bellybutton and maybe some scaring and it's itchy and it's uncomfortable it's not green though and I got it pierced a month ago.

Most Helpful Guy

• If any doubt always get it checked

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a belly piercing before. mine got infected which turned into an abcess because I removed the piercing for a few hours and it closed up. It really does sound like a normal infection. Use the salt water mug method for the 15 minutes each day until it clears up. Whatever you do, don't remove the piercing unless your piercer or a doctor tells you to.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah dude you might want to throw some peroxide on it.

• Your belly button's not a set of traffic lights. You don't have to wait for the red to turn green.

If it seems itchy/sore then I suggest seeing a doctor about it.

What Girls Said 6

• It might possibly sound like inflammation. It might be because your shirt or whatever has been rubbing against your piercing causing it to irritate your skin, or maybe you're just healing a lot slower than normal? I'd pay attention to it and clean it often though.

• if you're worried go see your piercer.
    mine was super red before the green infection started.
    don't use peroxide to clean it, use warm salt water.

• It really can't be green. O. o That happens if the jewelry is not silver or gold or stainless steel...

Go see a doctor. It shouldn't itch.

• it can be green.
      the puss under the skin makes the sight of infection green because the skin between the piercing is thin xD
      mine was green for about a year while my infection healed.

• @Lyndsielee666

I only ever saw white or yellowish... Maybe the skin might be a bit greenish around, but the puss?

• Go to the doctor for a medical opinion. Might be inflammation, infection or rejection. :/

• It might be, infected, just make sure you're cleaning it every day just in case

• Sound like it's infected (and don't wait until it turns green to do something about it!)