Are cartilage or double piercings attractive?

I've been literally DYING to get one, but my mom refuses, she says either looks tacky and low class? Same thing with everything I want, I wanted to drive a Jeep once I get my driver's permit, thats the car i've wanted for a car since I was like 12, a sporty jeep. But no, that was not safe.
But, if she says no, I just have to wait 3 more years, not so bad, right?
So I either want a double piercing (one above where my traditional piercing would be), a single cartilage piercing, or a double cartilage. I'm still not too sure about which one I want, but i'd only like one, the absolute most piercings i'm going to have on an ear is 3, and i'm not sure for when I do any of the three if I should do it on one ear or both?
Cartilage:
Double cartilage:

Double piercing:

(FYI: The double cartilage photo, I liked the double cartilage, but I may also like how she had a double and a cartilage, so i'll be adding that in the poll)

• Double cartilage piercing (one ear)
  • Double cartilage piercing (both ears)
  • Single cartilage piercing (one ear)
  • Single cartilage piercing (both ears)
  • Double piercing (one ear)
  • Double piercing (both ears)
  • Double piercing AND cartilage piercing (one ear)
PLEASE include photos!! :) Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they look fine - I think it depends on the type of earlings you have rather than the number of piercings you have the studs you have in your pic are nice or as an option I like helix piercings
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b494db5eeb.jpg

• *earrings

• Those are nice, I may be looking for something a bit more girly, but i've seen those! I was trying to look for one actually, if I were to get one I think i'd get one though

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not crazy about double poercings but on not bothered by them either.

Personally I'm not super crazy over ear piercings in general I have them and I barely ever wear earings. It wasn't my choice to get them pierced.

I hate when people wear ratings only in one ear or if the number of ratings don't match on both sides.

Worst of all HATE gadges why would someone want a gigantic whole in their ear... It's just stupid.

• I know right? I mean the most i'd get on my ear is 3, and they're gonna be small. Gauges are a no-no bc 1. its disgusting and 2. that hole may never reconnect bc its made such a big hole in your ear.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't have a problem with the double piercing as long as the jewel you put in has the right look. Make sure to pick something classy for the piercing and not some weird gothic thing.
    As for the cartilage piercing, I don't know. Me personally I don't think it's attractive. The types of piercings I usually like are small studs on the nose or lip.

• Hmm, honestly, I'm not really a fan of either. :/
    I think out of the two choices, though, probably double piercings look better, in my opinion.

• Call me old fashioned but I only like it when a girl has a single ear lobe piercing for both ears.

This isn't the best picture but it demonstrates what I mean.

howshealth.com/.../earlobe-piercing.jpg

• Not a fan of that particular earring but ik what you mean :P

• It was hard to find a picture of what I meant since most search results on Google had multiple piercings or a single piercing at the top of the ear.

I don't like that earring either lol but it gets the point across.

• Don't get any of them! :( (just my opinion here)

• ehh not bad

• Those piercings are the best piercing that a girl can get

• I know right! A lot of other piercings just seem kind of gothic to me, you know? These are girly piercings, I think I like A (double cartilage piercing on one ear) (aka the second pic)
      I think I might get that one, which one do you like?

• ya, thanks :PP

• Your welcome :D

• I can't say I find neither attractive. And making holes in your ear for the heck of it doesn't sound too good.

What Girls Said 9

• They're cute but research cauliflower ear before you decide if you *really* want one.

• Thats not from ear piercings is it omg?

• It can still happen no matter how diligent you are.

• Yikes, i'll definitely put some thought into it, thanks for warning me!!!

• yes i like this type of piercing go for it

• I know, but which one haha. I'm super picky, so there's 5 options: Double cartilage, cartilage, double piercing, piercing and double cartilage, double piercing and cartilage, and for one of these I don't know if I should do it on both ears or one! Ahh, i'm even confusing myself :(

• either one cartillage or double cartillage lol

• A - pretty cute. =)

• I love piercings... On ears only though. I have my earlobes, second lobe piercing on one ear and a tragus on the other. I love how it looks.

• I know right! Usually otherwise, i'd agree with my mom, I hate gauges and tons of facial piercings like tongues and cheeks and chin, etc. I love ear piercings. These are like a modern, edgy, cute twist on the traditional ear piercings. Do you know which one might look the best? i'm extremely picky and there's SO many options!!

• Personally I like what I got (lobes and tragus). It's quite unique - most people are terrified of the pain so they avoid getting a tragus piercing, while in reality it doesn't hurt all that much. I'd say look around on Pinterest and google things, even draw a piercing on your own ear and look at it in the mirror before you get it done.

• I've seen those! I thought 3 tragus piercings looked cute. And ya thats a good idea, I should do that on my ear to see. Thanks!

• To be honest I never really notice them

• Ik but it just seems nice to have for a change

• I think they're cute by when your mom says they're trashy it doesn't matter because people usually can't see them unless you want them to.

• Ya, and my mom is very conservative and she wears button up oxford shirts and pearls and all that lol, so.
      Thanks!

• i think they're cute. although i've heard it can be painful i would do it too lol

• I have three holes.
    Cartilage and double piercings.

• That sounds cool! I might go for double cartilage and a single piercing

• Thank you :P

• No problem!!😊😊😊

• There's no no option?
    I don't like them

But if you want one I think both ears definitely whatever you decide

• Just remember when you are looking for jobs later on some places do not allow certain piercings if you live in the USA. I am just saying this because many of my friends have had multiple piercings and they either have to put in retainers nonstop or they have closed up on them after spending a ton of money.

• Well I only want two cartilage piercings on one ear, but you are right. But before I get into interior designing which is my dream job, I think i'll just work at like Starbucks or Urban Outfitters or something like that.

• I think its appropriate for most unprofessional jobs.