Girls, if you found a diamond on the street, would you keep it or sell it?

Assuming that its real and worth $100,000, would you rather keep it or sell it?

• Yes. I'll sell it because I don't care about jewelry.
    71% (29)
  • No. It's too precious to sell it.
    29% (12)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Let's just assume that the police are alright with you keeping the diamond eventhough it's most likely not going to happen in real life.

19

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll sell it. Even if I did care about jewelry, I can buy a lot more jewelry than one diamond with $100,000 :P Besides, I can get diamond rings or necklaces for way less than that too if I'm concerned with wanting diamonds. It works out better for me to sell it.

What Girls Said 18

• It depends, if its a Tiffany Co. diamond or something then i'd sell it, but lets say its a diamond thats like vintage or couture and there's only very few in the world so its extremely hard to get your hands on, then i'd keep it, not only the price could exceed in the future, but rare items are so much better than money, which there is so much of, plus inflation is going up, so its only going to get more common.

• I am not a Huge fan of Jewelry here, dear, and for Me... Diamonds are Not a girl's best friend.
    I probably would try and take to the nearest pawn shop and see what he would give me for the trouble for my bauble. xx

• Of course I'd sell it, I'd be hella rich, that'd be fucking awesome.

• id definitely sell it.

• What would I do with a diamond?
    Why would I keep it?

I have no use for it.
    But maybe to keep it and sell it later on - when it is even more valuable.
    It's a question only rich people would answer with a 'keep it'.

• Keep it for a while, finish school and then sell it in order to start a company or my own resort. I'm underage and if I sell it now there's probably gonna be my mom using the money to pay bills, go on vacation and give money to family which is a good thing but not a great investment and I'd probably end up with nothing.

• Personally I would hand it in to the nearest police station.. For the simple reason it could very well be of huge sentimental value to the owner.. Not only that I simply could never live with my conscience otherwise.

• Let's just assume that the police are alright with you keeping the diamond eventhough it's most likely not going to happen in real life.

• I might as well update the question so others may see

• @Asker.. In that very unlikely event, I would feel compelled to keep it, just in case the owner ever made an appeal for it.

• i dunno tbh LOL hard to decide

• If no one came to claim it, hell yes I'd keep it.

• How about I hand it over to the police in the hopes that it can get returned to the person who lost it, who will certainly give a damn about it more than I do.

• I would sell it because that amount of money can really help. I would do it fast because I don't want the original owners to kill me.

• I love jewlery but diamonds are meh to me. Their price is extremely inflated and i just dont think that theyre worth the cost

• I don't know what the hell Im supposed to do with a diamond, of course I would sell it.

• sell. i have student loans to pay.

#priorities

• I would sell it and buy stuff that I actually need

• I'd keep it and sell only if I needed the money

• keep it till i need some money

• Sell it. Diamonds are pretty but I prefer food.