Is it weird that I try to compensate for a shorter height by working out?

I think i have this thing called napolean complex lol since i have been thinking about my slightly smaller stature a lot a bit too much actually for the past few weeks and its pretty much become my motivation to workout that i hsve to compensate. Anyone else think like that,?

• it is really weird
  • not weird at all actually
  • dont even bother if u aren't at least 6'

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird, but I don't think you should have to compensate for your height. There's nothing wrong with being short.

• Disagreed, women these days are all about the 6 footers, even the ugly ones say so. Moreover, facial aesthetics is all that can make up among them and well, i dont exactly have that too lol. So being short sucks

• Still, I think if a girl is less interested in you because of someone as stupid as your height, she'd probably not worth it anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• actually it's very common among people who CONSIDER themselves short (i say consider, coz there r some guys wid average height like 5'8"-5'9" yet they consider themselves "short")

they think they'll make-up for their lack of height by workin out, which's wrong... no u won't make-up for it. u'll just appear more fit... not taller

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Ok i am 5'10 and i dont want to seem taller, its not even girls or anything, its just this subconscious feeling that i need to make up for being shorter lol

• 5'10" and consider yerself short?

c'mon duuuuuuuuude.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah it's not weird. But 5'10" isn't short at all! Even for a guy!

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know if it is Napoleon complex - I always associated Napoleon complex with a short guy acting the big I am to compensate for his perceived lack of height - A lot of guys of all heights do weight training

• I think it's a good idea so you're not extremely weak. You'll still be weak compared to regular guys but you'll at least less weak. Napoleon being short is a myth by the way.

Here, this song should cheer you up:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChQZ0zm4gls

• It's common I'd say, I've seen many ( A LOT of !!!) short guys (and guys with rather unappealing faces - no homo) do that.

But those are the ones who try to mess with me, and I'm somewhat scared of them and avoid them.