Why do I have blond strands in my hair?

When im out in the sun, some people comment that i have blond strands in my hair. i can also see it in phoographs aswell.
My hair is naturally brown, so i dont see how thats possible.
why do i have blond strands in my hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• The UV rays from the sun reacts and damages the melanin (dark pigments) in your hair, causing it to become lighter. It's the same with skin, where melanin is destroyed, but your body compensates by creating more and tanning and protecting.
    @CincinnatiRedsfan hairQ#2!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• The sun - bleached it.

• Dye some stands

• faded in the sun

• Because you are born with blond strands, and also staying out in the sun lightens your hair. Especially this sandy blonde type,

• A lot of people's hair has lighter streaks naturally, whether it's just the natural pigmentation variation or if it's bleached from being in the sun. It's normal and most people with brown/blonde/red hair have it

• wow, really?

• its more noticeable when your outside more?

• Yes, hair has a reflective property about it so if you have lighter strands the light from the sun will make them stand out and be more noticeable

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe the sun bleached a couple of strands

• i had totally the same thing. i have no clue.