Hair colour ideas?

i am a brown girl with black hair.. I've never dyed my hair.. I wanna try something different.. Any ideas?
And what are the side effects of colouring hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey there!
    So the only kinda annoying thing with dying black/brown hair is that you need to bleach it before you dye it. Its like if you use a marker on a black piece of paper, you won't see it well. A few months ago I dyed the ends of my hair blue.
    https://instagram.com/p/2FvVr8TDaN/
    https://instagram.com/p/4MEKYGzDdf/
    I went to a professional to bleach my hair, because bleach isn't something you want to play with. It took about 2 hours to get my hair looking blonde. After that she dyed it and ever since I dye it myself every 6-8 weeks. The thing with bleach is that its very strong and depending on your hair it may not be the healthiest thing to do.
    I have very thick hair that is more oily than dry. Bleaching thin dry hair is probably going to make it thinner and/or dryer. For me it felt dry for a week so I started using a moisturizer for colored hair and that solved the problem.
    Hair dye isn't expensive just redyeing your hair can be tiresome. Whenever you wash your hair the color fades, so either you have to wash less frequently or dye more often (dry shampoo is your friend!). Make sure you buy shampoo and conditioner for colored hair because regular hair products can wash out the color. Hot water, hair dryers, curling irons and straighters fade the color as well.
    If you want a natural color you can just bleach your hair and get a orange shade, lighter brown or blonde. For unnatural colors you'll need to bleach then dye. I chose blue because its one of my favorite colors. My hair dresser said red is the hardest to dye over.. Don't know why lol
    My advice would be is to maybe only do the ends of your hair or highlights, that way if you don't like it or get tired of maintaining it you can cut it or redye it more easily. If you like it go ahead and dye all your hair if you want! Just keep in mind if you do all your hair you'll have to continue bleaching and dying your roots which can become expensive and very time consuming.
    I personally really like it and don't find it hard to take care of, just had to change a few habits. One day I may do all my hair blue but I'd rather save up for tattoos for now lol..
    Good luck and hope I helped!

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe darker makes a change - Nearly everyone goes lighter

• But I already have black hair.. I can't go darker than that

• Thanks but I think I'll wait longer before I reconsider dying my hair.. After reading about all the side effects I'm kinda scared.. Thanks anyway

• A maroon color to highlight your hair will look nice to me.

What Girls Said 4

• It's very damaging. Or not liking the color and having to color it again or be stuck with it. Hmm try maybe a brownish red or a lighter brown maybe a caramel color

• If done too frequently and improperly, significant hair loss is the biggest side effect of coloring hair. Followed closely by an empty wallet from up-keep.

• you'll regret having your hair dyed

• Try this hair colour

http://akk.li/pics/anne.jpg