Could you get away with wearing something horribly unfashionable?

Like say, for example leg warmers...

No offense intended to anyone who enjoys wearing leg warmers but I am a realist and like Oscar Wilde once said: "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable we are forced to change it every 6 months to bear the sight of it".

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure thing. I can wear whatever I want, I don't really care for the public opinion of me if it's negative. If you have to bitch about what I wear, maybe you should look at yourself. Going out to the store shelling out thousands of dollars on the new fad just to fit in. Rethink your logic, or lack of, before you criticize me.

So yes, I can wear anything without fear of discrimination. Although I will dress accordingly to a dinner, date, etc.

What Girls Said 6

• lol Oscar Wilde has a point. I mean when I'm at home I really don't care. I love pattern and so when no one is around I confess I wear plaid with floral with some gothic designed coat. I don't know it really doesn't matter when I'm at home but when I'm out, I like to look good.

• My idea of 'horribly unfashionable' differs from most peoples' ideas of what that would look like. So I'm going to say yes. I wear whatever I want, regardless of social standards and trends, and I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it. The only real guideline I might follow is to dress appropriately to fit certain occasions. But still always in my own way.

• LEG WARMERS ARE SEXY! :(

• hey I've been horribly unfashionable for years. They never make clothes in fat girl sizes fashionable LOL. Much less affordable.

• sure

• if you have the confidence to pull it off, pair it with other pieces that "go" together and are generally good looking and look put together you can almost pull off anything

i would wear leg warmers, they aren't really that unfashionable..they are coming back. if people can wear jeggings (leggings that look like denim jeans) and harem pants I'm sure I can get away with leg warmers

What Guys Said 1

• Yea I don't wear ANYTHING fashionable lol. I grab my clothes completely at random from my dresser and closet. Some of the clothes are like 8 years old and stuff my dad wore.