Can you wear gogo boots and not look cheap or trashy?

I bought this dress and someone said gogo boots would go with it. I love gogo boots but don't want to look cheap or trashy. Also don't want to look like I'm dressing up for Halloween. I think they'd look really cute with it but just wanted more opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly go-go boots don't appeal to my tastes, but regardless of what others think, I think you should wear them. If you wear it confidently, people will like it.

What Guys Said 2

• I am working backwards and have seen dress plus googled gogo boots there are lots of different styles of gogo boots so you will be fine

• As a fan of go-go boots I'm biased, but I believe they can be worn with a variety of outfits, especially outfits that have a mod or vintage flavor to them without looking cheap or trashy. And if you choose the right elements to offset the flashiness of many mod patterns, it doesn't have to look like a Halloween costume. What type of go-go boots were you thinking of? In my mind, white knee-high boots display a youthful exuberant innocence. Black patent boots can look suggestive, but when paired with an elegant coat, they become glamourous. Bottom line – how you act and carry yourself makes a lot of difference when it comes to how your outfit is perceived

What Girls Said 5

• Unless you live in the 60's - nope... i don't see how.

• No. Don't even try

• It depends on the dress and how the boots are worn

• @asker add a link of your dress and the boots to "update" so we can see it

• She doesn't know how, but I just told her down at the bottom where that anon user said "yes you can" but got downied for it by some obviously jealous girl

• Yes you can.

• I think so... I'm trying to add a pic of my dress but I don't know how lol

• If it's a website, just copy the irk in to the update box, if it's saved on your hard drive, you'll have to upload it to something like tinypic. com or something similar, could Instagram it even. Personally I think it looks kind of trashy buttttt then again, it was the 70's, it was a wilder time back then, miniskirts were the craze then so I mean kind of hard to say it's trashy, ya know?

• Copy the url* sorry autocorrect