Should I buy timberlands?

So I want a pair of Timberlands (the tan 6" pair that a lot of people have). I'm 6' and very skinny (for an American lmao)
I asked my mom for a pair and she said they were too "ghetto". Are they really tho? Yes I am white, I listen to rap music, I'm also sort of a sneakerhead, so you could say I'm not a "white boy". But im not white trash. I don't say the n word , or talk lik dis my fam what it do uhhh yeah moo dat dopeee. So what I'm trying to say is that I don't want them so i can be "ghetto". I know I'll wear them, and no one will really make fun of you just because they're timberlands. It's a classic model. I know what to wear with them, I'll get good use out of them, and like them. So anyways: main questions A) Are timberlands too "ghetto" for an east coast white male B) Would anyone question me about anything just based off my timberlands C) Where can i find a pair exactly like the one in the picture (mens 6" waterproof timberland waterproof boot) for under retail (so under $190) and D) What do you think of timberland boots? Thanks for reading
Should I buy timberlands?

• Yes they will look good on you, buy a pair!
  • They will make you look white trash
  • Get a different color, the wheat is too ghetto
  • Timbs are ugly

Most Helpful Girl

• I have some original, wheat colored Timbs, lol. I think they're awesome!
    Although I'm not a tall white dude living on the east coast (quite frankly the opposite; tiny Asian chick from the west coast) I'm not a hood rat or anything. They can be very trendy- if you wear them correctly. They are pretty simple shoes that require nothing but denim pants, plain t-shirt, and even a nice flannel. However, if you wear something stupid and sag your pants, you will definitely look ghetto.
    Timberlands, as fashion pieces, are meant to look a little street, a little rebellious, a little industrial. They aren't something that is meant for like businessmen during meetings, lol.
    I got my shoes from journey's (kidz because I have baby feet) and the male Timbs are around $169.99

m.journeys.com/search.aspx?keywords=Timberland

If there's a journeys near you, or anywhere that sells Timbs, i feel like you should try them on before purchasing them to make sure you like how they look and feel. They are very bulky and heavy shoes because they were originally invented as work shoes, and that can bother some people.

Also: please dont wear shorts with them. Don't look like those hiker dudes. Like. No. Just no.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• If you think you'll look good in them get them. I don't think they're ghetto. I know a white guy that's 6'3 skinny and wears timberlands in NYC. ShiekShoes sells timberlands below $190. I bought wheat, black, and dark blue ones from them. They had a pair with orange at the bottom of them in wheat color for $99.99 a few months ago.

• Those are not ghetto. My son actually has a pair. I know a few guys that wear them.

• Yeah you should definitely buy some timberlands, they look good in mostly everything (well sometimes). Also those shoes aren't ghetto there just regular shoes, don't listen to her wear whatever you like.

• Buy whatever the hell you want. lol I don't think they're ghetto? Does the rest of the world really think that?

You can find them online

• They are ugly though

• yes they are nice!

What Guys Said 2

• I have a pair and they're awesome, especially during winter. Buy them if you want. I see people from all races with those shoes here in Chicago. I'm white, from Spain, and I wear them; no one has said anything and they look great on me.
    Buy them.

• so you want to buy a pair of work boots for fashion, is that right?