Shaving Arm Hair a Good Idea?

Is shaving arm hair a good idea? What are the pros and cons?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless it is dark noticeable hair leave it - If you want to remove go to salon for treatment to get advice on what to do in future.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is unnecessary.

Cons: When it grows back, you'll have to continue to shave it. Hair doesn't grow back thicker but follicles are thicker at the bottom, so when it grows back from being sliced at the bottom, it will appear thicker. I'm pretty sure this applies to arm hair as well. If you never shave the hair on your arms, it is thin and won't affect how soft your skin feels.

Pros: You'll have smooth arms.

What Guys Said 3

• I think a woman should shave her are for it to look nice and smooth

• i donĀ“t really see a reason to have it removed.

• yes. i find body hair on a woman to be disgusting.

What Girls Said 7

• PROS: fast (good for fashion emergencies), cheap, portable (can be used even not at home), convenient/easy, you can do it yourself (ofc waxing can be done by oneself, but others prefer to be done by a pro), available in convenient store

CONS: grows fast, thick hair grows back, should be careful not to hurt oneself, takes some time (to know how) to get the perfect look you wanted, can cause darkening (possibility)

• *cons: grows BACK fast...

• wax/pluck is better. however it is painful but it is smoother and looks better (if you have dark hair) and you don't have to worry about it 1 to 2 weeks as it was pulled from roots unlike shaving you have to do it more often

• Nope. A very bad idea.
    My friend is a bit hairier and she shaved her arm hair and now they're twice as rough and darker. O. o

Bad decision.

• Shaving is fine too. Just like shaving any other part of body.. but waxing is better..

• I shave my arms, and I fell so much better with them like this, I also heard about lotions that lighten hairs and some that even reduce hair growth, and I've started to use on on my legs and it works so well...

• Don't do it. When it grows back then it will be itchy and look even worse. Wax it or just leave it.

• I guess the only pro is that shaving is not expensive and it doesn't hurt.

• I shave mine, I can't stand hair on my arms

• Not at all. It grows back the next day and you find yourself with stubble on your arms. Besides, it can irritate your skin if it's sensitive. Try wax or laser if you really want to get rid of it...