Anyone who's good with hair tips? Please help, my hair is like destroyed :( ?

Okay you know when your hair is in a ponytail and you take it out and it leaves that dent and your hair kind of curves outwards?
I have that every single morning and I hardly ever wear ponytails. It's got to the point where I now have to straighten my hair almost every day and sometimes it even goes back to that 'bendy' shape throughout the day! I've tried everything even cutting my hair above my shoulders but it still dries exactly the same way. :( I don't know what to do!

Most Helpful Guy

• My guess is that its dry and damaged. You could use some keratin shampoo to repair your hair follicles, and make sure you are using conditioner separate, that way your hair is smooth when you get out of the shower.

Also, you could try coconut oil serum, which makes your hair more oily and smooth (its what i use).

And if you aren't already, i reccomend taking showers at night instead of the morning. Because your hair will be dryer and fluffier right when you get out of the shower. But if you let the products soak in overnight, your hair will be smoother and more oily in the morning.

It also could be that your hair is just naturally wavy. Look up hairstyles that suit your hair type.

• Oh and instead of using a straightener and damaging your hair, use a flat regular brush to get the knots out, a comb (wide toothed if you have thick hair, narrow toothed if you have thin hair) to straighten it, and a boar quil brush to give it a nice shine. (In that order).

Most Helpful Girl

• I have this problem as well. I have naturally wavy hair, but there are times that it's just a burden and I have to do something about it. This is just a few things that I've tried and it's works:
    •I've recently been using the Wen replenishing treatment mist. It is fairly on the expensive side but one bottle has lasted me almost a year and I have long, thick hair and I use it everyday.
    •I also use the Tresemme keratin smooth collection. It seems to work very well especially when I go to straighten my hair.
    •coconut oil. That is my go to stuff when all else fails. I rub it into my hair, let it sit for 10 minutes, and wash it out.
    Side note: try not to use a lot of shampoo. It strip your hair of natural oils that it needs. Also use cool water when rinsing conditioner out of your hair. It helps prevent it from being damaged by the heat of the water.
    I found these things very helpful in treating my hair. I've noticed less split ends and it just looks healthier in general. I try so hard to use natural syuff in my hair when treating it. Such as coconut oil, avocados, a little olive oil...
    I hope this helps.

What Guys Said 2

• so r yer hair naturally wavy? if yes u cannot do much... maybe if u cut yer hair even a little more shorter could help (i dunno from which length they start goin curly)... but don't do it if u wanna keep yer hair long

• A little, if I dry it naturally, the sides of my hair get quite curly but then the back is just kind of straight with that gross curve :')

• i see... but i asked after which length they start curlyin?

• Your hair is sensitive

What Girls Said 6

• This is what worked for me. I have mostly straight hair except it's at an awkward length where it flips out at the ends and is super hard to fix.

Wash you hair at night. Towel dry, then put it in a braid or two. Pull at the braid to loosen it up, you don't want it super tight.
    Sleep on it. Wake up, take out the elastics. Brush it out if it's too wavy. But you should now have even waves in your hair that will mask whatever weird thing your hair normally does :P And if it's too much just run a flat iron over it lightly to take out some of the waves.
    You can play with the type of braid and number of braids you use for different effects (french braid, fishtail, rope braid, regular braid).

• Ah okay :) so putting it into braids for a while, would that eventually smooth out the weird curve? Or would it just help hiding it? It's a really good idea! I'll definitely use it though :)

• Hard to tell until you try it! But I'm guessing it would at least blend it in with everything else, if not allow your hair to dry differently and eliminate it altogether (not permanently though of course, but until you wet your hair again).

• After you wash your hair and don't tie it - does this happen?

If so maybe that's just the way your hair 'curls'.

• t's normal. Your hair is thick and wiry eh?

• Stop using heat on your hair

• Get no dent hair ties

• Try using a leave in conditioner.

• Okay thank you :) is there a particular conditioner you recommend like, which can help with the weird thing at the back?