Girls, Is it weird that I don't like to wear shorts?

im really insecure about my legs for some reason and i don't like to them so i never wear a variety of bottoms (skirts, shorts, etc.) is this strange? how do i cope with it?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I used to hate wearing shorts as well. I used to hate it so much I'd cry going to gym. But don't worry about it, people don't generally focus on your legs.

What Girls Said 12

• Wear whatever you're comfortable with. It may change that you become more comfortable with shorts and skirts as you get older. I hope you get to a place where you're comfortable with your body eventually.

• It's not exactly strange, I mean, everyone has insecurities, your insecurity is your legs. It's just a bit uncommon, since most girls do wear shorts and all that.

• Until 18, I was like that. I was feeling self conscious and only wore long pants. Then, I realised this is just a stupid thing to do, sweating in my long pants when the weather is so hot and missing out on all those different styles of bottoms. There exist shorts, skirts and dresses for all body types. You just have to find what styles suits you best. If you want to, you could tell me your body type so I can suggest some styles to you,

• you're not strange for not liking something just because the majority of girls/people in general might like it. wear what makes you comfortable. also, just know that your own insecurities are always amplified more to yourself and people most likely people are not judging you as much as you think they are.

• i was the same way when i was younger. i always had pants on..
    now i only wear shorts/:

• Nope not strange at all, I'm usually in leggings all the time! Nothing wrong with that!

• It's not weird at all. I actually have really nice legs, but they're super long so I don't wear shorts because I'm scared people will think I look like a slut. So I just wear jeans and leggings. I'm sure yours are fine :) just do what you like! :)

• that's normal. i rarely wear shorts.

• Its understandable,
    I have scars all over my legs and they turn purple if it's cold, but they're comfy so I wear them anyway, Its fine as long as they're not short shorts, But That's Stupid I'd People Judge Your Legs, Just Wear What You Want

• Not at all. I never ever wear shorts. I feel very uncomfortable and a little insecure. I don't like showing skin either. Also , I don't like wearing dresses or skirts.

• What types of bottoms do you usually wear when the weather begins to rise?

• Jeans.

• It's not weird lol. I work outside a lot, and I wear long pants to protect my legs, so they're pasty white😂 (and I'm not model thin either), so I hardly ever wear shorts, and when it comes to skirts, I'll usually wear a maxi skirt, because it's slimming and it makes me look taller (and it hides how pale my legs are). As for "coping" with it, have you seen the kardashians? They don't look good in everything just because they're pretty, they're confident. You were created to be uniquely you, so if you want to wear shorts (and your parents let u wear shorts) then wear what you want, and if people make you feel bad about it, it's just because of their insecurities. And if you don't want to wear shorts or skirts, that's fine, everyone has some insecurity in their lifetime.

• No, it's not strange-.-'