Girls are going to hate me, but why must they always retouch their photos for instagram/facebook?

I don't know who told you that you are ugly without filters and editing, but they should go to hell.

But to those of you that do it, why?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• A lot of people probably do it - I wouldn't mind so much as I never understood whole selfie culture but if you are going to put it up why not put up best pic of you - It is not like a dating site or anything so you are not making exaggerated promises to someone.

• Thanks -_- ... I am ugly without filters. Oh thee agony!

• Lol prolly cos some of em are ugly and its their life and choice?

What Girls Said 4

• This is literally the best question I've ever seen you post. Way to be awesome!

One of my sisters always has to play around with her filters and lighting before she posts anything. She's gone through a lot of changes and her body reflects it. I think she's always had a hard time accepting her body and the only time she was happy with herself was when she was making really unhealthy decisions. So she's had a hard time transitioning past that point.

I obviously don't know if this is true for everyone who adjusts their photos but I think it is for her.

• Two things should.
      1) People should stop being critical of other peoples appearance.
      2) The people who are criticized should learn to handle the mosnters.

• I don't retouch photos, I can't be bothered, I have better things to do with my time.

• Well looking at your profile picture, a graduation hat is always a hot accessory ;)

• Insecurities?

Not sure though... but seems like the logical answer.

• May I assure you @Starfishlover that I am NOT one of the statistics you are referring to.