Girls, Permanent hair straightening?

Hello.
currently, my hair is curly as all hell. I look like the actor from the Harry potter movies that plays Hagrid (only thinner).
During reading something entirely unrelated, I've stumbled upon "permanent hair straightening" in a phrase which, due to fact my phone is a piece of apple crap, I can't copy properly.
the question then arises: does this process indeed exist, and if so, what should I expect when applying for said process?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You can try chemical straighteners like relaxers but they have to be maintained every 2 weeks and can be expensive and very damaging.
    You can straighten you hair but obviously you have to do that every time it gets wet or frizzy or something.
    Those are the only things I know of.

What Girls Said 6

• There is something called a Brazilian blow-out, where it permanently straightens your hair for 10-12 weeks. I have not heard of anything permanently straightening your hair forever, though. I had a friend who got a Brazilian blow-out, and she loved it.

• It's a process they do in hair salons, using chemicals. But it's not really permanent, it's damaging and doesn't result in totally straight hair. I 'm talking from my personal experience. Personally, my hair is thin texture, oily, with loose curls and doesn't stay straightened for long. I did it and I thought that my hair would be totally straight for a month or two, but they were just wavy, not as curly as usual. And they were beigh weakened by the process, I got many split ends

• Go with a keratin relaxer. It'll be healthier for your hair and will last several months

• Its a damaging process that a hair dresser can do for you. You have to have it redone every few months (or depending on how quickly your hair grows). Personally I love curly hair on guys. And so do most girls I know. Its really unique. So dont feel like you have to change your hair

• Get a perm.

• I have tried chemical straighteners on my hair to no avail and everything in-between if u find something let me know it takes me four hours to do my hair