How fat is too fat to wear a bikini at the beach?

Okay so I am fat...well not obese fat...but fat.

I am planning on going on vacation during spring break with someone special. He has never seen me naked or even in a bathing suit. I told him how sometimes I feel uncomfortable in bathing suits and he told me to stop...as in I had no reason to feel embarrassed or anything. He is always telling me that I have nothing to worry about in that department, but...then again he has never seen me any other way then fully clothed!

So...how do I know if I should wear a bikini or even a tankini at the beach? I don't want to be that one girl who is like grossing people out or anything and I most certainly don't want to gross this guy out either! However, I do want to give off an air of confidence...so what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there's a "too big", but if you get one make sure it fits well, as in get bottoms that'll cover you properly, without making you look saggy and if possible get a top that's in a bra size. Just be picky and you should be able to get one to suit! Try lookin' up what style bathing suits flatter different shapes e.g. pear, apple, hourglass etc. Even if you're big, you still have to have a shape, and if you wear something to suit that I'm sure you'll look hot! Best of luck..have a great time! =D

What Guys Said 5

• depends just how uncomfertable it makes you?

If your boyfriend really likes you and says he does not care then you should not be bothered about what people think as you are not trying to impress anyone.

If you are a bit unsure why not wear a translucent hawaiin style skirt and top over your bikini so your edges are a little blurred and harder to make out which should help.

• If you're not confident in what you're wearing, you can't pull it off. Get a suit you're happy with and wear it. If/when someone asks, "Why aren't you wearing a bikini?" feel free to don one without fear. Oh, and they make one piece suits that get UV rays through 'em, so you can still get tan lines.

• Yep. It is ALL about confidence. Do whatever you are honestly comfortable with.

• Look in the mirror, and be honest. Not critical, or hopeful--honest. Most of us, when clear-headed, know when we look good.

• Simple, when it "cuts in to" your skin or your skin hangs over it at all.

• There isn't a too fat for a bikini :)

What Girls Said 8

• i would assume like if you have too much bulging out then you would kind have an idea. if you have that porblem try using one of those wrap cloths. check your BMI and generally if you're in the healthy range then I say go for it but there really is no rule on the matter .

• sometimes people beat themselves up and are hard on themselves. Out of curiosity I wonder what size you are. If you're commfortable maybe you could give your measurements? bust-waist-hips. regardless of how big or small you are confidence is the key to looking good. If you're a size 2 and uncomfortable with yourself you're not going to look attractive anyhow. I've seen women at size 14 and larger who look grgeous because they're wearing a suit that flatters them and they're loving their curves. What you think shows through more than anything. Love yourself

• Its your vacation. Wear whatever you want to relax in and feels comfortable to you. I'm sure whatever you choose he will find attractive. Even if he hasn't seen you naked he probably has some idea about your body shape. Just try to have a good time and not focus too much on it (I know it can be hard though)

• I think that if you are unconfortable with your stomach or what ever it is. Work out a bit before that day comes. Deffinatly get the right size bikini. Um if your still really not comfortable with yourself in a bikini wear a tankini. Or if your uncomfortable with your legs wear shorts.

• I have never been one to judge bigger people for what they wear. If they are comfortable with it then so am I. If this guy says he does not care then wear what ever makes you comfortable because that is what you will feel the sexiest in. If you are constantly worrying about what he is thinking or what others are thinking you will not be able to enjoy yourself.

• Well to give you an idea, this girl shouldnt be wearing a bikini: link

and this girls shoudnt either: link

• That second one looks like a man!

• She's a freaking skeleton with implants

• The first wouldn't look so bad if her boobs weren't.. erm.. falling out and nasty like that? get a halter or something lol. and the second... vomit lol

• I do agree with other answerers that promote confidence and feeling comfortable with your body. But there IS a point when a bikini just is not flattering on a person.

Your guy clearly thinks you are an attractive woman, so there's a great chance he'd love the way you look in a bikini (and may have already imagined what you'd look like...!) But if you're not comfortable, there's no reason you can't look sexy in a one piece or even a tankini. Since I don't have any idea of your size or what your body actually looks like, my best advice would be to go shopping with a friend who will give you honest suggestions of which bathings suits look good on you and which don't. I hope this helps!

• If you're comfortable wearing one, then wear it.