What tux/suit size?

I have a formal event next month for an association my parents are part of, and I want to ask my friend to be my date/escort since I have to walk a "red carpet" for photographs. He needs a tux or a suit because it's black tie, and I want to call a few stores to get pricing info. I don't know what size suit he would wear, and I want to call stores first to make sure the price won't be extremely high, because if it is, I wouldn't want to ask him to spend a lot of money. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what size he wears, and possibly recommend a store, or brand? He's 15, about 5'9", 140-150 lbs with a muscular build. I would ask him what size he wears, but then I'd have to tell him why I was asking, so any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!😄

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on just this, he'll probably be about a slim-cut 38 or 39-regular. Jos. A. Bank and Men's Wearhouse have some good selections. MW will be a bit cheaper though.

Honestly though, your best bet would just be to ask him to the event. You're not asking him on a date or to be your boyfriend or anything. Plus, when setting up tuxedo rentals, they have to take very specific measurements. They'll need to measure his chest, overarm, waist, neck, and sleeves. There are a couple of others too, but I don't remember right off the top of my head.

• Oh yeah, and sooner will be better than later. I don't know how it is at Men's Wearhouse, but at Jos. A. Bank, you have to set up rentals at least two weeks prior to the event. Otherwise, you'll be charged a rush fee.

Most Helpful Girl

• Shouldn't you ask him before you get him a suit? Like, what if you get an expensive suit and he's not able to make it?

• I'm not going to buy or rent it, I just want to get a price estimate before I ask him to go with me, because he would have to rent it and I don't want him to have to pay a lot of money.

• I think you should ask him before you make any decisions regarding the suit.

• I'm NOT making any decisions about a suit. I just want to know how much it would cost HIM if I asked him to come.

What Guys Said 2

• I think most stores would hire out all sizes at same price.

• Get him measured. Suits need length, chest, "size" like S/M/L, long/normal, and pants need measurements as well. You can call without knowing his size. Price isn't going to vary based on suit size.

What Girls Said 0