What should I wear to a baptism/baptism party?

I need help choosing my outfits!

My niece's baptism is coming up (she's my cousin's baby) and the ceremony will be in a Catholic church in Mexico but I'm not sure on what to wear. I'm thinking less casual than jeans but not as formal as wedding guest attire? Like a simple dress and short heels. Also, does anybody know about how long it lasts? I'm thinking that if it's not that long I could just use one of the dresses I already have.

We'll stay in a hotel and the next day all of us will go to my cousin's friend villa for the baptism party and I don't know what to wear there, idek what is supposed to happen._. It's not going to be that big, probably only our family and my political cousin's family (well, duh cx) but I obviously still just want to look presentable for the occasion.

Should I just wear cute rompers or a summer dress with wedges or sandals, maybe even flip flops? I'm not planning to wear a bathing suit, by the way (even though we'll probably be by the pool).
I'd really appreciate your advice and opinions :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know maybe like a suit or something lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Wear a sundress with wedge heels. Bring your bathing suit for later. You might need a wrap for your shoulders in the church (depending on how traditional the priest is).

Baptismal services are at least an hour long - probably closer to an hour and a half.

• Thank you very much, I'll definitely consider bringing a wrap.
      I also really wanted to have an idea of how long it will last :)

• Please read my opinion again, in which case. The baptism itself takes about 5 minutes tops, but it's part of the normal Catholic service, which runs for an hour. Depending on how many babies are being baptized at that time, the service could last up to an hour and a half.

What Guys Said 3

• Dresses and cool shoes sound good, I am presuming it will be hot in Mexico - Bring swimwear you might enjoy a swim.

• summer dress with wedges fam, you get me fam?

• Basic dress and nice shoes definitely sound like a plan..
    Usually looks great on girls with darker hairs such as yourself

What Girls Said 3

• a cute dress with sandals

• I'd say go for a cute dress with some sandals or heels...

• What about a nice flowy summer dress and flats