Girls, bra shopping advice?

For my first couple bras a few years ago, the story was pretty much my mom brought home a couple bras she thought would fit me and I tried them on. I've pretty much been wearing them since then. But now those, unsurprisingly, don't fit anymore. My mom brought up today that I need new ones, and she's right. But my mom and I don't have the best relationship, and I feel like it's going to be awkward and weird. Plus, I feel like if I go for ones that are most stylish, lingerie-type ones, she'll get the wrong idea or won't let me get them. The same problems would go for my older sister. But despite being fifteen, I've never had a legitimate bra-fitting or anything like that, which I'm pretty sure you're supposed to do, so I wouldn't know where to go or who to talk to. Basically I'd be clueless if I asked her to just drop me off with money. Advice please. I want to make this as painless of an experience as possible.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• You can have someone measure your size for you at a specialty store such as Victoria's Secret (which by the way their bras are over priced for how cheaply made they are. I've been disappointed by their bras MANY MANY times.. But happy a few times as well. It's kind of get lucky or waste fifty bucks with them) or you can measure your own bra size. How you do that is simple... You measure your band with (or the area under your breasts where the band of your bra goes) and that's your first size. Like 32 34 36 etc etc. Then you measure around the fullest part of your breast. Every inch larger this number is than your band width is a cup size. For instance if your band width is a 34 and your breast measurement is 37 inches your bra size would be a 34 C.

Try a few on. Try to have some fun with it. They don't have to be sexy lingerie to look good either. There's plenty of time for stuff like that. Personally, I just bought a hideous lime green bra on a whim recently. I just thought the color was so fun/funny. Looks horrible on my pasty skin but I could care less.

Good luck!!

What Girls Said 3

• Just go to a store and ask them to get you fitted, that way you could get the right sized bra. It helps a lot and makes it so you don't totally waste your money.

• Im also 15, I feel awkward talking abiut that kind of stuff with parents, and I also believe that my mom would get the wrong idea... I still haven't passed this barrier, but I still have advice to give u... if u have close friends, go to the mall with them, and get a bra fitting at Pink or Victorias Secret, and buy them with your friends... me and my friends are very very close and know each other inside and out, but I would still be a little uncomfortable in the situation, so u do what's right for you... find a time for a parent to drop u off... sorry if I didn't help much

• Pink has people to help fit bras, and its painless

• The only friend I'd be comfortable bra shopping with is online in another state. I'm not really super close to my other friends, except one, but he's a guy, so that'd probably be even more awkward!

• Hahaha, yeah it would! But if u get dropped off by yourself, or your family goes to the mall or something, take a detour all by yourself, and do a fitting... its very hard for me to separate and get things I need that I feel uncomfortable telling other people about, especially my family... my parents dont like me being alone because im a teenage girl and all that stuff, and its very diffucult to get what I want or need... just, when u get tiny chances, u have to take them lol... hope I helped a little

• You can fit yourself at home. All you need is a fabric measuring tape. Here is how to do it: www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html
    As for what bras, look around for something that catches your eye and check for your size! Most bras are pretty expensive, but stores like Marshall's, Wal-Mart, Target, etc can have some cheap ones. Once you know your size you can look online too!