Do you think I should be able to wear high heels to a wedding?

I recently went bridesmaids dress shopping with the other BM's, and we were told to bring some 3'' heels to try on our dresses with. The other girls are no taller then 5'4 at the tallest, and I am 5'9. I personally love wearing heels so it wasn't a problem for me, but in just 3 inch heels, that puts me at 6ft which was apparently a problem. I was 'told' to perhaps wear flats to this wedding so the height difference wouldn't be so big between me and the other girls (I also tower over the bride). Everyone is wearing the same thing, and I don't want to wear flats because other people are insecure about their height because I certainly am not. The bride at first didn't care, but the other girls chimed in and tried to tell me it would look weird and now she's like, maybe they are right. I feel like they are telling me, there is something wrong with me because no one else is being told to wear something different. Should I fight this one, or just let it go?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see why they would be complaining, but I don't see why you should have to change for them... Maybe if they wore higher heels and you wore lower ones? That way the height difference in smaller but you're still able to wear what you'd like.
    If it was such a problem then they should wear stilts! Nobody can control how tall they are and they're uncomfortable with it, not you. Either way you'll still be taller so they should let it go or everyone changes their shoes- it's not your fault for being taller!!
    Good Luck!
    Lucy x

What Guys Said 4

• just wear 'em... so wot if u appear 6'? if u wear flats and they show yer pics then they might assume like "omg she has a problem wid her height and she's wearin flats to be closer wid others' height"

after all it wasn't yer choice to be 5'9"... neither they choose to be <5'4"... so just wear 'em if u like 'em as u say

• seriously... I'm like, you realize that even in flats, and even with them wearing heels, I am still taller then the tallest one in heels? This is why them making that argument was extra dumb.

• actually if u r in flats and them in heels height difference would be smaller... but anyway who'd care about how tall u r in this weddin? they go for da weddin not to check how much taller u r than these other gals :p

• Exactly!

• Women... How old are they? They sound insecure, like teenagers. I'd say go for a middle ground. Wear a shorter heal, perhaps.

• 25 and up. I can't really go for a middle ground because the plan was for all the shoes to match. The ones we were wearing to the fitting were just so we could try them on in heels.

• yet another argument I'm about to make with them that its not about us. We are merely servants of the bride for a day, lol

• Very true!

• It is the bride's day - You have to do what she wants.

• If you feel uncomfortable about it, you should ask the bribe to wear flats. You should tell her that the heels on you will take away attention from her. It is her day. Good Luck

What Girls Said 2

• Tell them you want to wear the heels and that the height different won't be too bad because they'll be taller too.

• Yes! As I pointed out above to someone else, even if we all wear flats or all wear heels, I'm still taller then everyone in the bridal party!

• Screw them and wear your heals!