Why are most people here thinks it stupid to spend more than $400 on a bag?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they can't relate

• Honestly you get what you pay for! And its your money. Bags are useful and look great.
      I have a beautiful nichole lee bag, it costed $80.

There is no price on fleek. 😘

• Thanks for mho! ❤

• My pleasure!

What Guys Said 12

• Because thats an incredibly retarded thing to do?

Why spend $400 on a bag, When you could spend $50 for something that looks the same and does the exact same purpose?

If you spend that much money on a bag, you are paying for the name and nothing else.

• To be honest I think we spend way too much on a lot things. But we like to work and feel good about ourselves so we buy ourselves something. I think some of it is "stupid" however it isn't to the person who buys it so that's all that matters. I don't like buying them but the wife has a few Kors and Coach bags that are that much.

• True.. Tho im not a fan of mk or coach. I prefer the classics like aigner or chanel

• Because that's a terrible waste of money over something insignificant. The purpose of a bag is to look good and to hold sufficient stuff in a well-designed manner. You can probably find that in a bag even with a maximum price crap of $50.

• The quality will be different

• Not really. It will just have some extra branding on it and you can say it is Armani, and all that will say is that you are not only superficial, but also gullible. The worst socks I have purchased were the ones that had a brand and were a bit more expensive, I still feel ripped off and it didn't even cost that much, haha.

• yes it is know more than majority of the stuff we call " crap " in this world is actually your branded gucci bags or louis vuitton bags for example but the "crap " versions are without the brands so your paying for the band and the name thats all it is.

• If you've got it. I think every woman at least once in her life deserves a nice handbag and a bottle of real perfume

• Omg! Finally someone who doesn't think its stupid. And i totally agree with you every woman deserves to have at least one nice expensive bag

• Guys spend a lot more on a nice car or bass boat

• Lol you can do more useful things with that money

• For a lot of people, that is how much they make in a week. They think it's a waste of money because with the money you spent on a bag they could have paid their rent or bought weeks of food. You know, things that are actually important. They think that that money should have been spent on something of actual significance.

• I have seen men spend foolish amounts on things as well in fairness.

• Because it is. It's foolish to fall for the brand name when in reality you can get a bag with the same, if not, better functionality for way cheaper. You're not getting the value for your dollars.

• it all depends on how wealthy you are if you are worth millions then it is ok but if your net worth is zero then not such a good idea

• it's not only stupid, its pure vanity, its demeaning and insulting for you because it indicates you try to get value from things like trend names which is pitiful. and it's also unfair for others. there are kids that die from hunger. with these 400 $ you could feed dozens of them... .

• plus it can be hostile for sentient animals and the environment. shall i remind you that leather bags for example are made from slaughtered and skinned animals?

• Is that $400 bag itemising everything that you put in it and finding what you need so that you don't have to look? If not, then it's too much. Yes I think it's stupid. What's the purpose of that? Just to say you have one?

• because it is.

What Girls Said 15

• Why do you need a bag that costs that? My bag cost £1.25 from the charity shop three years ago.

I think your question is stupid. Spending that much on a bag is stupid if you need the money for something else, if you have lots of spare cash or daddy is buying it for you then whatever, couldn't give two fucks how much you want to pay for a bag. I guarantee you though, you got robbed.

• Even with a lot of spare cash or daddy buying it for you, that is a ridiculous waste of money.

• And that is how you save money, ladies and gents

• @Mesonfielde ha! I'd be the cheapest millionaire in the world, ha!

• Because that's hella lot of money, and a bag is just a bag. But, hey, if you're rich... go ahead

• A bag is a symbol to what class you are

• a bag is no way in hell to what class you are a poor person could save for months on end for a high end bag, does that make them high class? class shouldn't matter therefore in my opinion that response was narrow minded and offensive to less fortunate people a month. I'm a student and work 2 jobs i earn between 750 to 800 a month but i still would not buy that bag and my parents certainly dont.

• and as reading you said your parents are rich, this is where your attitude and outlook on life and things in lfe have come from. its called narrow minded and 'Spoilt' and not to be rude but your responses show that and show your either young minded or immature or just damn right spoilt.

• It is ridiculous because those types of bags are just a status symbol. A label that women use to compete against each other with. I could easily find a nice looking bag for $40 or less and be just as happy, if not happier because I can then spend the money I would have spent on a pricier bag on something else, like some sexy lingerie.

• $40 bag doesn't have the same quality as the $400 one

• It is quality enough. I have never had a problem with any bag I have ever purchased.

• Because most people don't make that much money and the economy sucks . Lets be honest that's a little bit less than I make in a week.

• But do you think its stupid or not?

• Im never a fan of mk. I only have chanel aigner and balenciaga haha and like you my parents bought it for me lol except for aigner theyre a lot cheaper than chanel so I bought it with my own money

• I also go to designer stores for sales. I get a lot of my stuff on sale like my calvin klein dresses, I got my my mom a coach umbrella for her birthday. And I love designer make up. Mac lipsticks

• they don't understand haute couture

• From the answers i finally can agree with you

• Because it is... I dont have things in my bag worth that much... Id much rather get a bag from a 2 euro shop (I'm from Ireland we say euro not dollar) ...

• Honestly, I would not spend that much on a bag, plus Im not a bag person. But its your money you work hard for it do what the hell you want.

• because its wayyy too expensive

• It's just stupid. You could literally buy half a plane ticket to some exotic destination for that. And they cost like $3 to make, so why give them $400? You can find a great reliable bag for under $100 that will last you your whole life.

• Because it is, that's the amount you spend on a well tailored outfit. Not a bag.

• Because it is...

• because its a waist of money.

• by the way its waste not waist

• if you have say loads of bags it is because its not a necessity, unless you are rolling in money and have a lot to be able to go out and spend it on that then your fine. if you want to that's your choice but my opinion is waste of money because you'll have loads of bags but if your a person say if its just sticking to that one or there 2 to 3 bags it isn't as bad but buying loads and especially up to that price. nope. without being personal or impolite do you have a job and buy this bag yourself? do you always buy expensive bags?

• $400 haha anything over $40 is elaborate.
    Consumerism and the current society of selfish spoiled entitled brats has made it so that something as insignificant as a bag has become so important that they will spend hundreds of dollars on it.

It's sad.

• Because you could easily find a bag without spending that extra zero.

• I don't. If you have the money, spend it on whatever you want.