Why do people hate you and want to murder you for wearing socks with sandals?

I actually never understood this, because I find the composition convenient. But I know I would get all kinds of verbal and physical harassment for it, because people are just dogmatic and evil sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• i know.. i never dare to wear socks with sandals.. because i know everyone would make fun of me..

• Yes, but why. Why is it such a crime? Fashion wise. Notice I said "fashion"

• That's my point, it's weird for certain genders to do certain things, true but hose things also come with certain fashions and or clothes you can't wear. You don't hike in sandals, it's dangerous!

• Thanks for MHO. 😊😊

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Because it's gross. xD

• it's not, it's just sandals and socks on someone's feet

• Then wear closed shoes.
      Why would you cover your feet if it's hot outside?

thehunt.insnw.net/.../...933a743d37168378cfe1c.jpg - seems like the perfect solutions for someone with the problems you face.
      Or something with holes like this but for men.

• But I have already said that closed shoes are too hot for the weather, but yes, due to the dogmatic oppressive society that surrounds me, it is indeed the only viable solution. It seems to me that people think that SOCKS == CLOSED SHOES but I think that comparison is just silly.

• Who cares! Wear whatever you want and whatever make you feel comfortable! ;)

• Unfortunately, one has to take the extreme and the violent population into consideration in order to preserve their well-being.

• Well Hitler did o_O not for fashion xD but who knows maybe after a while it will be the new fashion and you will look at them like: see u_U?

• ITS A FREAKING CRIME. THE FASHION POLICE SHOULD CUFF YOU RIGHT THEN AND THERE.

What Guys Said 6

• 0|0
  • Because they look terrible and idiotic.
    In fact, I don't wear sandles at all. I think flip flops look much nicer and more casual for that sort of style. But never with socks

• I don't really know, but it does look weird. I think that he general idea is that socks were made to be put in shoes or boots, and if you are wearing sandals you should go barefoot.

Too each their own

• I think it only looks weird because people are so militant against it.

• Personally I've always thought of it as something only people do and so I use it for jokes in that way. I think it looks kinda lame and I'd poke fun at you in a friendly way but otherwise do it up mang. Rock that S&S combo.

• EWWWWW that is such a British thing to do.

• Socks defeat the purpose of the sandal.

Just like tights defeat the purpose of a skirt/shorts

• Not really. I don't like not having socks on, but shoes are kinda too frickin' hot for 37 celsius.

• You chose bet answe cause r agrees with you, I actually gace you the real a answer. I believe you were really just complaining an not really looking for an answer, I never said anything about temperature. I simply said they defeat the purpose

• They don't defeat the purpose of the sandal. That's why this is an argument in the first place.
      The idea that socks+sandals and shoes are the same is completely ignorant.
      The idea that "socks are not a summer thing" is just dogmatic and silly.
      Also I liked his video.