I'm not talking about French braids etc, I'm talking about box braids & other African American hairstyles. Well I've type 2b/2c hair & I'm mixed race but my hair texture is abit more "black" (not tryna be rude in anyway) and I've had my braids in for around 6 weeks, would you say that my hair grew abit? My natural hair length is short, just above the shoulders, thanks :)
Most Helpful Guy
Hair grows about an inch a month, so in six weeks about 1-1/2"0
Most Helpful Girl
Nothing will make you hair "grow". It all depends on your genetics on how much it would grow. Some people's hair grows faster than others.
What you also need to consider is:
1. Your diet: If you have a poor diet then everything else would be pretty poor. I mean don't go all health nut, but you shouldn't be indulging yourself in a whole LOT of junk food.
2. How much water you're drinking: Do not overload yourself with water, just drink as much as you can it doesn't have to be 8 glasses a day.
3. How tight the braids are: Some people think that braiding your hair tight will make it grow fasting when it doesn't. You're actually damaging it. Do try to braid kind of looser.
4. If you're taking care of your hair properly: Do not wash your hair every single day. You will strip your hair's natural oils. Conditioning your hair is must as well. Oils on your scalp. Do not use grease on your scalp it will not help it. Deep conditioning, leave in conditioning, and regular conditioner. I personally don't use deep conditioner, but I like to use leave in conditioner more.
5. Genetics: Yes genetics can play a role in it as well. Your hair can grow a specific length and stay like that.
6. Using too much heat on your hair, and cutting split ends: Get trims when you NEED it, don't do them every month if you don't need it. If you use too much heat on your hair it won't be going anywhere, though if you HAVE to use heat for a special occasion then use a heat protectant.
Also, do not take any biotin pills without consulting your doctor first. That is very dangerous. There are plenty of complaints about side affects from doing that. Mane n' tail is not helpful for your hair, it just weighs down your hair, but one of my friends mention that it was for horses. Not sure if that's true.
Just to make things clear, I was giving some tips on growing your hair. I hope I did not offend in some type of way (I think lol)0