Are skate skirts and riding boots too childish for college?

So I'm going off to college in the fall and I'm very concerned that I don't look my age. I naturally have a young looking face and without my boobs I've been told I could pass as a 12 year old... Currently my wardrobe consists of numberous skater dresses, a handful of skater skirts, some casual blouses, and a ton of athletic clothing because I'm an avid runner. If I'm not wearing a dress I'm usually in running attire. I also own a couple pairs of jeans. As far as footwear goes I have five pairs of running shoes, a pair of black riding boots, and a pair of lace up ankle booties that have a couple in heel. Does my wardrobe sound too high schoolish for college? Do you have any suggestions as to how to dress more appropriately for college?

Most Helpful Guy

• NOTHING is too childish for college. Seriously, college is full of people who don't want to be an adult today. They're not going to dislike you for dressing simple/weird. Some people show up to lecture in their PJ's. Now those are the REAL heroes.

• Lol! I don't see an issue going to lecture in PJ's but the ones who do a presentation in PJ's need to have some sense knocked in to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Riding boots will NEVER get childish for me, heck, I ride horses :D men 60 years of age wear them so why shouldn't you?

What Guys Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with skate skirts and you can defenitly combine it with a blouse. I personally love it when a girl wears knee socks as well but that's just me. Riding boots are too childish for my opinion. A couple of Vans or Converse shoes will go just fine! My type is a girl who hangs around guys and wears knee socks so if this doesn't speak to you, don't mind me!

• The shirt and jeans make bring out the skater uniform for the Halloween party

What Girls Said 4

• It sounds cute and comfortable. ☺
    And why to care what others think? 😂
    F*ck them and wear what you like. :v

• No, sounds cute as fuck to me.

• Sounds very cute to me

• Sounds fine, trust me, as long as you own some yoga pants, lots of north face fleece zips, pullover hoodies, puffy vests, you'll be fine