Opinions on little girls with short pixie cuts- ages 7-18?

When I was young I was made to have short hair. My mum made me go to the barbers every month to get my hair cut short. I had short hair from the ages of 7-18. I really hated it and I am made at my mum for doing this. She is my mother but why did she do this? My hair was really short like

Most Helpful Girl

• Little kids get shorter haircuts often because it's hard to keep their hair nice. They get sticky stuff in it, get it caught in stuff, etc. On teens, it really depends on the face shape. Some women do look very good with pixie cuts, but longer hair usually does look better because it gives you more to work with. It can soften or shape the face nicely.

What Guys Said 8

• Short hair can look cute on some little girls but I think mothers do that almost exclusively because of convenience and expense.

• Never liked them for little kids or older women. They always look bad.

• Would you like to date a man with hair over his shoulders drooping down to the middle of his back? Most women would probably say "no" as hair that long is much too feminine for a man. The same goes with women. Most men do not like women wearing a hairstyle that could give you the appearance of a man. I cannot answer for women what they would think... but, assuming that this is your child and not you. Let your child keep long hair. When I was a little boy, seeing girls with pixie cuts horrified me.

• They look very sophisticated and excellent as well. Thanks for sharing.

• One of my neighbor's kids got a short haircut. It was hilarious, for me. She's kinda an ugly kid. Sweet girl, I'm sure, but not pretty.

She went from shoulder hair to a neat, professional men's cut.

She literally looks like a weird boy from 10 yards off.

• I would befriend and date the 17+ girls 😍

• It can be adorable if done correctly.

• So so ugly

What Girls Said 12

• I had a short hair cut in elementary school and I remember walking home and hearing people behind me saying "it's a girl!" "no! its a boy!" "no its a girl!" "no its a boy!" I was once stalked by a guy who wanted to date me and as soon as I got a hair cut, he turned away from me in disgust and never spoke to me again.

• Maybe because it was easier for her to maintain?
    Longer hair requires more maintenance.
    Short hair is less work.

• Because she liked the way it looked!

• I don't really like the look. I wouldn't make my daughter have hair that short.

• these both look cute to me

• I think if they want it there is nothing wrong with it but if it is forced then that is ridiculous.

• Maybe she didn't want to take care of, or pay for the long hair.
    Honestly my mom would have never been able to force me to cut my hair, not even when I were 10.

• I think it looks fine.

• its fine i guess

• when i was younger, i used to always have a pixie haircut (a lot of people thought i was a boy back then!!). i asked my mom why and she said it was because i had really unhealthy hair when i was born. it was thin, wispy, and kind of orangey tinted. and since i'm Asian, orange-y hair wasn't exactly normal, you know? she said that by keeping my hair short, it would be healthier and thicker. i'm not sure if this is like medically proven, but i have really healthy, smooth, and shiny hair now, so i think it paid off!

• It might've been easier for her to maintain.

• i think its the best age for a pixie cut
    because you are renewing your hair at a young age and you have all the time in the world to grow out your hair later on

and it looks cute