Is it unusual to feel angry after shaving my beard or cutting my hair?

I had a hair cut today which was needed but the lady messed my side burn up and accidentally shaved my well groomed stubble beard. I was so salty I had to go home immediately and shave it all off to get it to even out again. I'm so mad and my buddies invited me out and I told them I couldn't go cause I had work at home. I am scared to leave my house tomorrow for work cause I don't want to be seen without any facial hair. I knkw imna little irrational but do other feel this way?

I still am a little annoyed i am going out tomorow and have exactly 25 hours to grow something back.

Most Helpful Girl

• depends how insecure you are but I totally understand how you feel.. basically what sits on or around your face is the frame... its like a picture, if the frame looks not right so too does the picture look not right... but that's because you see that image every day, every second of the day... others don't... so in 25 hours I am sure you will regain some lost hair and feel better about going out... its the company that matters and your personality will over shadow what you are not happy about. sometimes if people make a comment on your insecurity, make a joke of it and people will admire that you can actually laugh at yourself and be surprised by how people take to you in another light... :)) hope that helps...

• Well I will be really drunk lol cause I'm going to the bar with some friends and I'm not driving so I have personality when I'm drunk lol.

• I had fun lol I got real drunk and saw some familiar faces. The bright side is my facial hair is pretty much back.

• Glad to hear you had fun despite the hair... And thank you for the MHO!! 💕❤️💕

What Girls Said 3

• It's understandable to be a bit put out (especially because she messed up your hair cut), but the hiding in your house thing and being *angry* about it is irrational. Is your facial hair what defines you as a person? Do you have no other identity apart from being the dude with a beard? I rather hope not.

• I don't see what the big deal is. It will grow back. It's silly just to hide out in your house because of it.

• It will probably grow back in like 10 minutes.. don't even fret of it.

• I have 25 hours to grow back some stubble incase i go out tomorw night and I'm looking up ways to increase growth speed. If it doesn't grow back I'm not leaving my house with a clean shaven face.

• Oh I love it <3 <3

• I feel like I look to young tbh. But thanks for the compliment it makes me feel like I don't look like a child.

What Guys Said 5

• Seems a little irrational for a guy, I can understand getting pissed, but going so far thinking you shouldn't leave your house is a little out there fella.

• That seems reasonable to me it is like she messed up your hair - 25 hours is five O clock shadow, I doubt you will get to heavy stubble in that time.

• She didn't mess my hair up lol if that happended I would be wearing a hat for the next month. The heavy stubble isn't coming back i have accepted that but I have a little stubble coming in and have 8 hours until I have to leave so hopefully it fills itself in.

• I always feel like "Okay I'm gonna shave for this interview or whatever" then after it's done I'm like "fuck that was a waste"

I definitely wouldn't have shaved to completely to compensate for a bad haircut though. Shit woulda looked fine after 3 days if you just waited.

As far as haircuts go I always go to the same place and they do my shit up perfect.

• Well the haircut was fine but she took the side of my beard off so I had to even it out. And take it all the way down.

• This is why I go to a men's barbershop.

Nothing sexist here at all, I just feel a man would know more about grooming facial hair, because he has facial hair.

• True she didn't know side burns meant the thick part near the ear not my entire sides of chinstrap beard.

• A guy never would have made that mistake!

Plus, the atmosphere in a barbershop is awesome for a man. Such a safe haven to bond with your fellow males.

• I hate that feeling, makes me feel like a woman. haha jk.