How to make this more feminine?

How to make this more feminine?
Or is it already pretty feminine? Don't get too caught up in the drawing, I didn't use a ruler & the spikes aren't super even nor are the circles. It's just to give an idea. I am asking this because I'm thinking about getting a compas tattoo in the future & this is an idea of what I would want it to look like. Oh and please no lectures about how tattoos ruin your body lol. Also how could I Integrate color into this design? I mostly like black/grey tattoos but I want to add just a touch of color (which would be red & blue). By a "touch" I mean something like this

The tattoo would be on the inside of my forearm most likely so it won't be huge.

Oh & I wasn't sure if I should put this in fashion or the art topic

• It's not feminine
  • It is feminine

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You could change the font or add in some swirly shit or whatever, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a gender neutral tat.

• Ugh I don't like the swirly shit they add. I wasn't sure if it was too masculine but if it's gender neutral then I'll probably keep it the same! Thank you.

• Yeah it wouldn't be my thing, either, haha. I'd leave it how it is.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think its feminine but then does it really matter? If its what you like then go for it. My only recommendation is something I heard from a coworker who got a bunch of tattoos. Basicly he gets an idea of what he wants and then goes to a tattoo parlor and has a guy sketch it out, he will then go to several others and do the same that way he can see how they interpreted his design and then take the parts he likes from each one and add it to what he wants plus he gets a good idea of the style of the tattoo artist he likes best. Also I wouldn't rush into it seeing as its permanent so you may want to sit on the idea for awhile and then if you still like it after a year or two then go for it. Also save up a lot of money, a friend of mine just got a tattoo, it was really good, it also costed him 3000 dollars. It was a bit more detailed but tattoos tend to be expensive. Is there any reason you chose the compass?

• Thank you, yeah I kind of took different elements of compasses I saw & then drew that. I definitely have a few years to see if I want it still. Yes I know it can be quite expensive, how big is his tattoo? I'm like the idea of the compass because it will remind me to follow my heart & my own path.

• That sounds very cool. The compass will probably be like half of more forearm.

• Cool, good luck with it.

• That is basically the NATO logo.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Flag_of_NATO.svg

• I don't know what that is but the middle looks like any other compass

• That's the point. NATO is the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the group of Western nations formed after World War 2 to defend against the Soviet Union and its satellite countries behind the Iron Curtain called the Warsaw Pact.

So that tattoo is reminiscent of sailors and war.
      You aren't going to be able to feminize it.

• Thanks for the info!

• If you want it to be more "feminine" you could put a rose in the middle of the compass. Maybe you could even have some roots from the rose snaking through the gaps in the wheel for some more color.

And you could have the N, S, W, and E written in girly cursive

• It's very good, I wouldn't change it. I can't understand this feminine drawing thing too xD, I see nothing male there.

• Okay thanks lol! How should I go about adding color?

• I know I want blue & red I just don't know how to go about doing it 😫

• hm, I think the compass rose itself can be red then. You can mix blue and white for the rest.

• .. It's just a nautical compass. Its function is to point North and direct people at sea; It's not a gender specific thing.

• Put a bra on it to make it feminine.

• I know what it is but it's the design. Like there's different designs that look more masculine than feminine.

• Oh well duh, I could have a bra that's blue & red so I get the color and feminine nature!

• The compass is cool. Its more androgynous than it is feminine or masculine. If you like it do it. Turn into something feminine. Ask your artist how they can do that. I have no idea about color. Show us the finished product.

• Thank you, & I can't get it until I'm 18 so it'll be awhile if u get it done lol

• Put some neon color to the sides that's blank like pink or baby blue or something I had a customer do that

• Like the outside or in the inside? I'm sorry I don't really understand.

• Yeah it's just that I'm not a fan of a lot of color & I'd only want a little bit

• Well go for the blue waves

• you could do it over a watercolor tattoo?

• Maybe maybe. Would that look weird on my arm?

• (forgive me i think this is how i reply back to you) no way !! watercolor tattoos look super cool. you could do it smaller or more muted if you think it might be too much

• Yup that's how you reply!
      & thanks!

• wait til you know what you are doing when you are older because if you are going to be an actor or model or something and its visable to the shots they are doing it could affect if you get the job or not

• I'm not interested in being an actor or model but I will wait a bit

What Girls Said 3