What do guys look for in a girl?

I have always wonder what guys look for in a girl like is it their body, if they have a nice personality, etc. I would like to hear your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• This may sound cold, but I’m going to be honest. It really depends on what we want from the girl.

If we just want to "have some fun", we go after the best-looking woman we can find. When a guy wants a short-term relationship, he wants someone who he can have sex with, and then show off to his friends. Sorry, but it’s true.

As far as physical things that a man looks for in a woman, it depends highly on the indivual man. Some men are big on "classic beauty", other men like "the girl next door". There are a lot of different variables, you'll have to experiment. But if you look good, smell good, and put out, then you're more than qualified to be an "in the mean time" girlfriend.

Now, not all guys are pigs (despite what it says in our mission statement), and many of us actually want a long-term relationship. And yes, it is different if the guy wants to find himself an actual "Girlfriend". If a man wants a long-term relationship with someone, then looks don’t really matter as much.

Don’t get me wrong, we'll still go for an attractive woman over one who is less-so. But when a guy wants to be with someone for a long time, he'll really want to actually like the person... So he'll tend to go for good personalities. You know; kindness, caring, a sense of humor, that type of thing.

Contrary to popular belief, most men do in fact want to fall in love at some point in their life, and we really want the same thing that you do out of a partner: Someone who doesn't suck. At least in the metaphorical way. Literally speaking, "sucking" will always earn you more points no matter what a guy is looking for in a relationship. Honesty is a little distressing sometimes, isn't it?

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

What Guys Said 3

• At least 4'8 - 5'5 No freakishly short or tall women. Under 135 lbs. a little "cushion" is okay for her curves but no more. If she moves her arm and the skin in her brachial region jiggles after she stops that's not attractive (bingo lady arms I think they call it). She needs to be adventurous, sexual, confident, relaxed, motivated, ambitious, and be able to keep me guessing without playing transparent, moronic head games. I hold women with careers and education in a higher bracket. To clarify this; they must have the Ambition and Motivation to move themselves toward these goals. Women who tell me that they're going to be (insert a bobble headed far too advanced for their level education or career here) come off as throw-aways to me. She must have a sense of humor. I don't care what kind just as long as she HAS one. In terms of looks: blonde with brown eyes, or black hair with blue eyes. A slightly upturned nose is attractive. A chubby/round face is a deal breaker. Naturally tan is definitely my preference, lighter skin I can look past, pale is a definite no. I also want to see that she takes care of her body. One of my key points is she MUST, I repeat MUST Be Intelligent. Beauty is common. Beauty WITH intelligence is rarer than diamonds. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not above dating a women for her looks. But if I'm considering her as a life long partner she HAS GOT to be intelligent enough to keep up with me. I want her to be physical, talk is cheap, actions express feeling far more accurately.

Enough said...

• Personally what I look for in a girl is a great personality, but I can't go out with someone who doesn't take care of their body.

• for me I always liked a girls personality the most.looks to me don't really matter much just in some cases.

What Girls Said 0